360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Does anyone got information and experience with new Zenaq Sinpaa 83 Hiramasa ? I just got basic info:
length 8’3
lure weight 65-130 gram
PE 5 - 8
Do you think this new rod is the same quality as Tobizo range? My reel will be Stella 14k, using 50-120 gram(2-4 oz), PE 5 or 6, fish up to 150 lb.
Product Azure Rectangle Font Material property

Your comments and inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Zenaq Rod Power & Action Image Chart is attached

· Banned
404 Posts
I saw zenaq in Japan, old rod maker, usually quality stuff, traditional looking rods. I would put it in the same boat as Yamaga blanks , But their retail is higher. I don’t think it’s on par with Ripple Fisher or MC Works buy that is my own opinion .

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dear Semipro,
I think I need a swimbait/stickbait rod. As I will mostly use stickbaits (Orca, Doroda Sider,..2.5-4 oz), some small/mid size poppers (Saltiga Dorado, Williamson Jet, Nomad Chug Norris,...1.5-2.5 oz). Moreover I make hybrids with surface iron and softbaits (2-4 oz). By the way I have not any field experience at all for popping. Therefore I feel totally lost.

Yesterday, someone offered me to sell his one year old Shimano Ocea Plugger full throttle rod for $550 at a tackle shop after telling negative comments for Zenaq. I got confused 🙄

Do you think Zenaq Tobizo 80/80 a good match with Stella 14k and my stickbaits/poppers range?
Thank you all.

773 Posts
If you are looking stick bait rod,Ripple fisher big tuna 7,10 pe 6-8 will be ideal for swimbait
and popping it is the only rod you can use for both
Another choise is Saltywater monster ledge 200 is excellent rod for your 14 000 reel ,both
Rods around $740
I dont have any knowledge about Zenag

· Banned
404 Posts
Quality / price ratio is hard to beat a Yamaga blanks blue sniper series. For the lures you mentioned the Yamaga blanks blue sniper 82/6 would work great ( and I’m not selling any ) . Look into it . I got 3 of the older generation ( up to 80 gr ) but the new version is supposed to be improved in materials and strength and throw lures up to 130 gr ( in your range ). I would put a Yamaga blanks rod against any rod in that price range.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.