360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just bought that rod to pair with a Stella SW20000PG. What is the max drag I can fish on this rod?

What size of tuna will it suit for?

·
4,723 Posts
Call them anyway, Paul, Sami, Randy are very helpful. They will give you the low down on that rod of yours, but I believe, by looking at the specs, it's built to take on monsters. You ought to be able to yank in 150+ YFT and BFT, 100+ class AJs, and Groupers without problems on that thing. As for max drag, I think it'll exceed what your body can handle on a prolonged basis anyway, haha. ;)

·
Tuna Club member
879 Posts
That is one step down from Monster Buster 60H... Don't think you'll need to worry about overloading it unless you're strapped in and tied down!! ;)

I don't have one, but that is a legit 700g stick. I'd just have to guess that 25-30lbs is no problem.

Take a look at mfg website... That thing barely even moves with 2000g (nearly 4.5lbs) hanging off the tip! :eek:

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reason I'm asking is that, I used the rod a few hours after purchase and caught a 80lb+ YFT and it pulled the fish easy with 12kg of drag. I was amazed and was wondering to what size of tuna I can target on this rod.

·
975 Posts
Reason I'm asking is that, I used the rod a few hours after purchase and caught a 80lb+ YFT and it pulled the fish easy with 12kg of drag. I was amazed and was wondering to what size of tuna I can target on this rod.
That's cool!:)

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
An additional info I would like to know, if I had to compare the zenaq fs53-20 to a sevenseas or jigging master,what model would have the same power level as the zenaq?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts