Zenaq Fokeeto FS53-20

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by jacktrevally, Feb 5, 2009.

1. jacktrevally

jacktrevally Member

Hi,
    I just bought that rod to pair with a Stella SW20000PG. What is the max drag I can fish on this rod?

What size of tuna will it suit for?

2. hstsw

hstsw Senior Member

Did you buy from APS? Maybe call APS & ask
    Angler's Pro Shop
    APS listed your rod for PE6-8

3. jacktrevally

jacktrevally Member

No, didn't buy from them!

4. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Call them anyway, Paul, Sami, Randy are very helpful. They will give you the low down on that rod of yours, but I believe, by looking at the specs, it's built to take on monsters. You ought to be able to yank in 150+ YFT and BFT, 100+ class AJs, and Groupers without problems on that thing. As for max drag, I think it'll exceed what your body can handle on a prolonged basis anyway, haha. ;)

5. Jason4606

Jason4606 Tuna Club member

That is one step down from Monster Buster 60H... Don't think you'll need to worry about overloading it unless you're strapped in and tied down!! ;)

I don't have one, but that is a legit 700g stick. I'd just have to guess that 25-30lbs is no problem.

Take a look at mfg website... That thing barely even moves with 2000g (nearly 4.5lbs) hanging off the tip! :eek:

6. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Yes, after working 600-700g jigs all day with it, you will be a monster too! :p

7. jacktrevally

jacktrevally Member

Reason I'm asking is that, I used the rod a few hours after purchase and caught a 80lb+ YFT and it pulled the fish easy with 12kg of drag. I was amazed and was wondering to what size of tuna I can target on this rod.

8. hstsw

hstsw Senior Member

Reason I'm asking is that, I used the rod a few hours after purchase and caught a 80lb+ YFT and it pulled the fish easy with 12kg of drag. I was amazed and was wondering to what size of tuna I can target on this rod.
    That's cool!:)

9. jacktrevally

jacktrevally Member

An additional info I would like to know, if I had to compare the zenaq fs53-20 to a sevenseas or jigging master,what model would have the same power level as the zenaq?