360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These custom rod handles look kinda unique. Mudhole has some good pictures of them on rods. Looks cool and wierd at same time!:cool:

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
they are very unique.
i thought they would be a little more comfortable to use than they actually are.
they are nice, and i only got to use it for a short time.
maybe if i used it more, i would have really loved it.
but it is another option for a rod.
they are not cheap.

·
1,057 Posts
It seems like they'd be counter intuitive for active popping or jigging? Are they intended for just trolling?

·
1,095 Posts
It seems to me it would reduce overextension of the wrist tendons but may actually increase the strain on the lower back. If your forearm/upperarm is 'locked' close to your body (even tho ur wrist strain is reduced) , the entire strain is transmitted to your lower back because your forearm, shoulder, upper back is also locked into position and the only rotating element is coming from/around the lower back and associated muscles.

To do a test, put 40-45# on a curl bar, and curl it, and hold it parallel to the floor. What back/lower back muscles are in tension/contraction? I picked 40-45# because a 20# drag on a 6 ft pole equates to about 45# at 18 inches from the body. That is how I think my body would react, but then I havn't lifted weights in YEARS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts