360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2,030 Posts
I switched to Yo back in the spring and haven't missed a beat. I like it, it seems to be more plyable. I also don't like the new seguar. For deep water I just use regular Ande mono, and it does just fine and is way cheaper.

·
1,448 Posts
i use yozuri of all of my floro under 50 lbs. i love it. i havent used the heavier stuff just because i have never seen it around. i actually found a lot of the smaller poundage for cheap and bought it all!

·
1,579 Posts
I am going to use regular ANDE 80/100 test mono on my next trip to test differences. Last trip I had blackwater FC and fisherman stealth and noticed no difference in bites. If I notice no bite you can sure bet I will change leader. =)

·
361 Posts
i use 60, 80, and 100 lb. good stuff. it is softer than seaguar flouro. i use both with no problems at all

It might be softer in lighter line but I use it in 200 and 300 pound and find it to be much stiffer than seaguar.
Also had a friend use it for chunking and side by side the seaguar got alot more action, so much more that he switched half way through the night.

G

·
i like the fisherman stealth leader. it is not fluorocarbon so it is much cheaper. it is so soft, tying a knot with 130lb is no problem.

that being said, if i were going to jig or pop for tuna in the daytime, I would probably use FC.

the only time during the night i'd use FC is if i was baitfishing. for jigging and popping at night i don't think it really gives much of an advantage. i dont think its a disadvantage at all, but the difference is price is pretty substantial. plus i'm not skilled enough with knots to tie 80+lb fluorocarbon very well!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts