Yankee Capts western ridge 12/6

Discussion in 'Charter Boat & Party Boat' started by tugasangler, Aug 26, 2018.

1. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

was wondering if anyone on here had ever been to western ridge ... I’m gonna have to take a peak ... anyone else care to take a gander ?

2. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Senior Member

Can’t find details on the site. I know Hamner fished 30 miles west of the fort. We used to fish 10 miles west of the fort. Is that the area? At 30 miles you’re in 180 feet and dropping as you continue west. Never been able to find maps of the area but on my Navionics software there it shows a few jumps I’d one day like to investigate.

3. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

4. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Senior Member

You have a link? I booked another drift and dream today. Still don’t see the western edge.

5. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Senior Member

That looks interesting. :)

6. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

I’m spot 25 bunk 41 it’ll be my birthday

Hoogan likes this.
  7. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Senior Member

In that case. I’ll let you be a pool winner. :)

Hoogan and tugasangler like this.
  8. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

Lol you have to turn anything into that sort of thing. Got it

Hoogan, brn2surf1000 and GARRIGA like this.
  9. brn2surf1000

brn2surf1000 Member

I’ll see you there. I’ll be on that trip.

Hoogan, tugasangler and Snaphappy like this.
  10. Snaphappy

Snaphappy Senior Member

If one of my trips gets blown out between now and then I’ll jump on too. Hell I might anyway lol

brn2surf1000 and tugasangler like this.
  11. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

Thank goodness ... I can learn ... I’ll be the token black guy with the slow jigging equipment trying to watch and emulate .. if that doesn’t work I’ll be the black guy with mr shampuju

Hoogan and brn2surf1000 like this.
  12. brn2surf1000

brn2surf1000 Member

Sounds good dudely

tugasangler likes this.
  13. brn2surf1000

brn2surf1000 Member

Come fish with me token black guy lmfao

tugasangler likes this.
  14. Yankee Capts

Yankee Capts Well-Known Member

Greg goes where he thinks he can do the best. Greg doesn’t get hung up on the name of the trip. Or the distance or the amount of fuel being burned. Been doing it that way for 25 years. Thankfully it works most of the time.

Greg also does not say where he sees commercial fisherman. Greg expects the same in return.

Greg

tugasangler and Hoogan like this.
  15. Hoogan

Hoogan Junior member

Art has always been aware of what Greg said above, I have not seen the Red - White - Blue - Bus sit on a spot just to save on fuel, I have seen the boat move to grounds hours away from the “designated” destination not once but many times even on the same trip.I have been to The Towers, to the sunken Tug boat, and many other areas far from what the trip name was. I smile silently when I hear another patrons talk about the area we will be fishing, knowing that Greg will go where his intuition and experience tell him to go with no regard to fuel consumption or to the trip’s name label.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    brn2surf1000 and tugasangler like this.
  16. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

I’ve never been unsatisfied with any of the service aboard Yankee Capts since first 325 dollar trip in 2008... didn’t complain when gas when up and the trip price did as well .. didn’t complain when the gas went back down and trip prices kept going up .. bottom line I think you get what you pay for still and maybe we were getting over in 08 who knows .. The only thing I mis from
    Old times was how much more jokey and laughable GREG was but I was a child back then and growing into a man these last 10 years I completely understand not being so smiley lmao

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  17. Yankee Capts

Yankee Capts Well-Known Member

I’ve run out of things to say in 32 years!

Greg

tugasangler likes this.
  18. Rare

Rare Member

You have plenty to say to me when I hand over 5lbs of prime cuts of roast-beef heaven. Where ever he sails, I'm good with that! I learned that fast when only a few of us were on the rail and we kept moving till we got a few more fish in that box. Our time was way over but he kept going! That my friend is priceless!

Hoogan and tugasangler like this.
  19. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

Greg’s funniest quotable this year for me was ... we stopped at a spot that I’ve neevr seen more Cudas on in my life they were ferocious... chasing jigs down chasing baits even eating a squid I sent down to avoid them ...once I saw squid getting cut I relaxed my body for a bit ... but someone then asked GREG ..

Guy “ what the heck spot is this ???!!!... I tried a jig got cut I tried a bait got cut”

GREG “ cuda top and cuda bottom” lmao

Hoogan and Rare like this.