Yankee Capt/Halfway Ledge?

Discussion in 'JiggingWorld.com' started by Tarpun, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Snaphappy

Snaphappy Senior Member

No we left on Sunday. Couldn’t get any fish by the sharks at night or we would’ve been full way early. Still filled the back and had fish in the front.

tugasangler likes this.
  2. Salty Bones

Salty Bones Well-Known Member

We encounter the sharks up this way every once and a while. Nothing too crazy. But man, the sharks out your way, damn them to hell!! I personally lost 3 good quality fish to them this past trip. Some of those sharks are friggin huge!!! I wonder if they're getting smarter or its just an over abundance of them.

Snaphappy and tugasangler like this.

3. jiggingnut

jiggingnut Junior member

Smarter & Over Abundance...learning to follow the boat for Easy meal, and there’s so many of them. Not to mention Flipper does the same trick. Environmentalists want rec fisherman to give up the sport.

Salty Bones and Snaphappy like this.
  4. Snaphappy

Snaphappy Senior Member

Both. I think there are an over abundance of them and they are getting trained. Easy meals...

Salty Bones likes this.
  5. Snaphappy

Snaphappy Senior Member

I could’ve saved the time to post if o would’ve read your comment first. For the last year it seems like they have been worse every trip. Fortunately only at night this trip. I lost 14 of 18 fish in just a few hours to them so I hit the rack. Thankfully the fishing was great during the day with much less shark issues.

Salty Bones likes this.
  6. Salty Bones

Salty Bones Well-Known Member

A few of the guys were telling me about a group of dolphins out there that would go down and steal their fish and bring it back to the surface and mess around with it while they watched. I think that's more disrespectful then the damn sharks! Lol

jiggingnut and Snaphappy like this.
  7. redgarvey

redgarvey Member

That's fecking hilarious! Standing on deck with $1000 SPJ setup and Flipper just spit water at you after eating your fish. LOLs

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Snaphappy likes this.
  8. benwah22

benwah22 Well-Known Member

You should have seen when a dude hooked one on an electric, the thing was literally smoking. . .

Snaphappy, jiggingnut and tugasangler like this.
  9. RevPDP

RevPDP Well-Known Member

Do they have a brick and mortar store? I'd like to pay them a visit to see what have?

10. Tarpun

Tarpun Junior member

They do have a retail store in Pompano Beach. Google them and you can get their address and an idera of what they have. Very helpful and easy to deal with. I know the have a lot of experience on the YC as well as SE Florida.

tugasangler and RevPDP like this.