X-Rap sub walk

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by hamptonsurf, Aug 17, 2009.

1. hamptonsurf

hamptonsurf Senior Member

I have been having pretty good luck with these lures of late. They have great action and seem to be able to wake up sleep tunas. Has anyon else been using them? I asume they are built with the same thruwire as the x-rap magnums....but I'm not sure.

2. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Crack one open and let us know what you find inside...:eek:

Just sayin..:)

Kev

3. north coast

north coast Senior Member

I don't know about the magnum, but I had a tuna rip the rear wire out of an x-rap 30. they are not through wired. I've also caught a bunch of fish on the 30 without trouble. I wish they would through wire these things though.

4. hamptonsurf

they definitely should....I thought they were as so many people have been catching pretty big fish with them. Oh well, that's what you get for not destroting them to find out.

5. Grandpa21

Grandpa21 Senior Member

Hamptonsurf,

If you look on the side of the box it came in I think it has a diagram showing (though not very clearly) that they are not wire through. They have great action and I've since made my own wire through version just to be on the safe side.
    [​IMG]

6. hamptonsurf

Made your own? Do tell, send me a PM, I am very interested. Did you take a mold and do it yourself with resin?

7. d-a

d-a Senior Member

I had one break from just sitting in the sun. I would rather buy one high quality lure than 4 low quality.

d-a

8. hamptonsurf

from sitting in the sun? That's odd. I had one hnging from a t-top for a week in the bahamas this summer and worked no problem. Sounds like a bad batch. Not sure there are too many decent divers on the market anyway.

9. d-a

d-a Senior Member

from sitting in the sun? That's odd. I had one hnging from a t-top for a week in the bahamas this summer and worked no problem. Sounds like a bad batch. Not sure there are too many decent divers on the market anyway.

It was a month in the keys and it expanded and cracked along the top at the seam.

d-a

10. hamptonsurf

OK...I guess I should have stayed in the bahamas a few more weeks to test the durability. That's interesting, I have found them to be fairly well made....lots of people catching several 150 class bluefin on them up here.

11. d-a

d-a Senior Member

OK...I guess I should have stayed in the bahamas a few more weeks to test the durability. That's interesting, I have found them to be fairly well made....lots of people catching several 150 class bluefin on them up here.

Anythings possible, I just know I wouldn't have any faith in them for anything larger than mahi.

d-a

12. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

On my last trip someone had a $40 shibuki brabus start to fill up w water the lure looked like it never caught a fish.