WTB Shimano Saragosa 14000SWAXG -2020 Model Preferred

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, and Trade' started by Ulygun, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Ulygun

Ulygun Member

Hi,

My first post ever, sorry it had to be this way...

Joined this forum a while ago to learn about and get ready to fish my first ever deepwater tuna trip. Researched a lot on the forum on the reel type for Texas YFT and read some rad reviews on the Saragosa. So tried my luck during the Thanksgiving sale and could not find a single one. If someone is willing to rid themselves off a 14000 size 2020 Gosa, please let me know. I am located in Houston, TX.

Thanks in advance....

2. Quint

Quint Member

I could be wrong, but I don’t think the 2020 SWA model are available yet in 14k. I have only seen the SWA in 6k available. I have a 14k on pre-order and it has not come in yet.

Ulygun likes this.

3. Ulygun

Ulygun Member

@Quint, you could very well be right. I have pre-ordered a 14K as well but I was not aware that it was released into the market yet. I thought they were all sold-out and hence the reason for all of the delays.

I have a party boat trip coming up Dec-19 and wanted to put my best foot forward since this is my first tuna trip ever. If I don't hear anything back from the seller by 12/14, I think I will have to go with another Penn Slammer III 6500, unless someone makes me an offer here.

Fingers crossed...

Quint likes this.
  4. Quint

Quint Member

My local shop said that Rona has been screwing up the distribution of the 2020 reels. I’m waiting on a new Stella as well. Hopefully he gets them before spring.

Ulygun likes this.
  5. Michael Lee

Michael Lee New Member

Waiting on the new gosa as well, can't wait to get one. The other model was great!

Ulygun likes this.
  6. Reel Stamas

Reel Stamas Senior Member

I have ~9/10 (Used 1X) 'gosa 10kSW w/box & full of hi-vis braid for $300-Shipped if interested...
    I won't need a big Spinner until Spring, so I can wait...

Ulygun likes this.
  7. socali818

socali818 Member

Saragosa's are awesome!

Ulygun likes this.
  8. Ulygun

Ulygun Member

Thanks a bunch for the offer bud, still open to any offers for newer models if I am to shell out close to $300 or thereabouts.

Cheers...

InshoreSlayer84 likes this.
  9. Reel Stamas

Read that the 'new model' has not been shipped to most retailers in anything but 5K ? & due to covid nobody knows when to expect them...

Ulygun likes this.
  10. dszyq127

dszyq127 Member

i have it

Ulygun likes this.
  11. Ulygun

Ulygun Member

You have the 2020 Saragosa 14K?

12. dszyq127

dszyq127 Member

i have 2020 stella 18k and 20k fs

Ulygun likes this.
  13. Ulygun

Ulygun Member

Bump.

Would love to hear from local H-town folks on intel regarding their availability in local tackle stores. I appreciate it...

14. Reel Stamas

They Do Not Exist (yet)

Ulygun likes this.
  15. Ulygun

Ulygun Member

I hear ya man, I've been getting reports that some of the local shops have been getting saragosa shipments. Just being hopeful that's all, if a kind soul finds out and spreads the word, I'd be very appreciative of it.

Cheers....

16. Reel Stamas

17. Ulygun

Ulygun Member

Finally... Perseverance pays, or in this case, it cost me a pretty penny or two...

IMG-6768.jpg IMG-6769.jpg IMG-6771.jpg

18. duntonsdragons

duntonsdragons Well-Known Member

where did you get your 14k from? I pre-ordered from J&H and haven't heard anything yet.

19. Ulygun

Ulygun Member

@duntonsdragons, I think I was the second person to get 1 out of the 2 on sale at Amazon that day. May be they had listed it for less than hour and it was sold out. After that I promptly cancelled my pre-order at TD, and J&H.

I would rather have bought it from a mom-n-pop store and not on Amazon, but I was out of options. I found a couple of places in Australia carrying this reel at a fair price despite shipping costs to the US, but they could not ship due to restrictions from Shimano! Go figure...

I will spool her up tonight and check for line lay, I was thoroughly disappointed with the Penn SL-3 6500HS. I hope they start selling them soon everywhere in the US, such a sweet, smooth reel with some great specs.

I hope you get them quick from J&H. Cheers...

20. Quint

Quint Member

A couple of sellers have been offloading them from Australia on eBay. Have to be fairly quick though. I saw 3 come up this week all sold within an hour or two. 14k and 18k no 20’s as of yet. I’m checking pretty frequently. The shipping is a killer though. Still no word on delivery for the bigger gosas at the local shops...