WTB Conventional Jigging rod

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by stresst, Sep 13, 2009.

1. stresst

stresst Senior Member

Im looking to buy a jigging rod something good to hi-end no junk please. Prefer local NY area but if the price is rite and you dont mind shipping,

Need something for NE tuna, gonna put my OJ4000 on it.

Cash waiting thanks

2. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

Im guessing youre looking for a long jigging rod?

3. Billy 40

Billy 40 Senior Member

TRophy Tackle will have a new batch of Seeker Hercules this week, probably THursday. All 3 of the jigging rods will be there, teh 60H - 4 of them in Blue/Silver, there will be 4 60XH's, Blue/Sil; REd/NEon Yellow; Burgandy/GOld (2). THere will be a bunch of 70H's as well if you need a PB jigging rod (I think 8), Black and Gold; BLue and Silver; and he has 3 super customs already in teh racks.

All have either SIC, SIN, or AMTAK Titans (Turbos & the new Virtus HEavy Ringlocks). The 6'ers have EVA grips and aluminum gimbals, teh 7's have either EVA, or EVA/Hypalon, also with aluminum GImbals and a couple with a regular FUji Gimbal. Most are wrapped conventional with straight guides, but a few are wrapped spiral.

If you want a different color combination on one of the 7'ers, let me know ASAP because I am going to wrap 2 of them tomorrow. I also recieved a new batch of blanks, so I have all 5 of the HErcules blanks (3 jigging, 2 Inshore) in stock, in all 3 colors (with the exception of Blue 60Hs)

4. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

the OTI 7'6" is a nice setup for NE PB tuna.
    comes either production or custom. they run from 299 for production.
    to 375-425 for custom.
    also the st croix 79XXXXH has been used by a few guys. still around 400
    the calstar are always a good solid choice. under 400 with titanium guides

for shorter rods.
    the OTI are a good choice.
    for customs there are a TON of good choices.
    and some really great choices.

5. stresst

stresst Senior Member

I should have been more clear, I need a short *butterfly jigging) rod. I was hoping to pick up someones extra rod. Over the winter im gonna have to do my homework on all the hercules,Oti,japanese blanks and have two nice stiks built. But I need something asap for an upcomming trip.

6. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

all "unused"
    and in stock.
    shipping no problem.
    pickup available.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      118.4 KB
      Views:
  7. egluck

egluck Senior Member

Angler's Pro Shop

Smith WGJ (Wonder Glass Jigging) Series

I use the 50H with a Daiwa Saltiga 50. Handles big AJ and BFT like a charm.

8. sumo

sumo Junior member

Im looking to buy a jigging rod something good to hi-end no junk please. Prefer local NY area but if the price is rite and you dont mind shipping,

Need something for NE tuna, gonna put my OJ4000 on it.

Cash waiting thanks

Stresst,

sent you a pm.

9. Taz575

Taz575 Senior Member

Stress, if you are looking for a rod for a couple of trips, shoot me a PM! My offshore season is pretty much done due to my work schedule, and I have a rod or two I could loan ya! Hercules spiral wrap or a Grafighter spiral jigging rod!