WTB (2) spiral wrapped rods

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by duntonsdragons, Nov 30, 2020.

1. duntonsdragons

duntonsdragons Well-Known Member

Looking for (2) spiral wrapped rods for northeast bottom fishing, rated for at least 12 ounces.
    jigging world black demon, black widow, customs, etc. Trying to keep it close to $200, these are for haddock, not tuna.
    Thanks!

2. ReelMe

ReelMe Super Member

Mike,
    You’ll want to get lighter rods, 150-300g max. I have a few JW ghost hunters, black hole are nice but expensive. The ghost Hunter 250g is a good rod for up here. I fish 14oz jigs in up to 300’ here.

3. Quint

Quint Member

I have a couple JW BW-200 MH. Sick rods! Gotten all the ground fish on it up to 45lb Halibut. Threw a raptor on it and got BFT to 65 lbs such a versatile great rod.

If you don’t mind waiting JW has there regular sale around when RISSA is. I bought two from them and they knocked the price down to $190.00 each I think. Can’t beat it.

duntonsdragons and a1flyfishr like this.
  4. duntonsdragons

duntonsdragons Well-Known Member

The black widow, black demon, and shogun seem pretty similar. I probably wouldn't even notice the difference. Thanks I'll wait until then. I have a shimano trevala now. Its awesome but I'd like to get acid wrapped this time around.

Quint likes this.
  5. ReelMe

ReelMe Super Member

I have 3 of the original trevala TFC rods and they all get used still. I bet I’ve had them over 10 years. I use them as loaner rods and family rods and they are great.

duntonsdragons likes this.