360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Date is Feb 10-12, 2023. Flower Garden Bank will be the destination, with many other options all over the place.
Trip is being increased to a 56 hr, price $1050 person. 24 spots.
50% down to hold your spot, balance due Jan 10, 2023. Or pay in full.
Paypal F/F is preferred, [email protected].
Cashier's ck is good, too. pm me for mailing info.
I think keeping this a Wahoo-centric trip is a good idea, but we all know how that bite can go, so I want to keep a more opportunity-based mindset when it comes to the fishing. Just as last time, leaving the previous evening to be on site at dawn is the plan. Anglers need to be at the dock by 4PM Thursday night for a 6pm departure.
Post up here if you are interested in returning or jumping on for the 1st time. as stated above we will have spots for 24 anglers and I'd like to see 5-6 folks on standby.
Thanks and pipe up if you wanna go!!
tight lines
-Brian

NOTE- we have 9 spots taken as of 9/29/22

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Hey folks, I spoke with Capt Fred for a while the other night & I think we have enough interest to do this one again in '23,
albeit slightly refined.
So far:
Flower Garden Bank will be the destination.
Trip is being increased to a 56 hr, price will most likely be like any other 56, at or around 1k/person. 24 spots.
Date is still not set in stone, but plan on 2nd-4th weekend in Feb. We're basing that on moon phase and of course weather conditions on whatever that date might end up being. Last year we didn't hit the weather as good as we should, but that's winter in the gulf.
I think keeping this a Wahoo-centric trip is a good idea, but we all know how that bite can go, so I want to keep a more opportunity-based mindset when it comes to the fishing. Jut as last time, leaving the previous evening to be on site at dawn is the proposed plan.
I'd like to see on this thread how much interest we can show before Fred and the powers that be at FW come up with a date, so post up here if you are interested in returning or jumping on for the 1st time. as stated above we will have spots for 24 anglers and I'd like to see 5-6 folks on standby.
Thanks and pipe up if you wanna go!!
tight lines
-Brian
Would love to go. FW already has me booked for a Feb 10, ( second weekend) 56 hour but moon is still 79% full that weekend. Third weekend, Feb 17 is dark moon and forth weekend is starting to rise again. Let me know for sure.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I am down. 56 turns this into a great trip.

Need to load the boat with electrics for the folks that can't hand crank down deep.

Likely to have the fuel to get to gunny and back to the banks - or auger? Or sword at night near the banks?

Was out past the east gardens last week. Found a load of yellowedge on the jig.

Food Cuisine Fish Seafood Dish

·
Registered
140 Posts
Brian, I would like to get on this trip as well. Thanks for putting it together and getting the word out early. You wanna leave Thursday night or come in Monday? Either way I’m game, just wanted to get your thoughts on that logistic. Thanks and look forward to fishing with y’all again,
Eric

·
Super Moderator
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bumping this thread as this trip is now ON THE BOOKS!!!!
9 of 24 spots have been spoken for.
Please start sending your deposits in ASAP
original post has been revised with new info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts