360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

This winter I want to build myself a real tough Tuna Jigging spin style rod. I am leaning towards either the JM Power Spell 500 Gram blank, or the Super Seeker Hercules 60XH. Suggestions? Any other blanks that might come highly recommended? Thanks Guys.

·
5,457 Posts
Hey Guys!

This winter I want to build myself a real tough Tuna Jigging spin style rod. I am leaning towards either the JM Power Spell 500 Gram blank, or the Super Seeker Hercules 60XH. Suggestions? Any other blanks that might come highly recommended? Thanks Guys.

There is several other blanks that would fit your need. A cut down calstar 700h/xh (most of the weight in the rod is in the butt that your will cut off) A UC preadator cut down to length and When available the OTI 400g blank.

I would look at rods that have plenty of power and a tip size of 10 or smaller to give you more jig action.

d-a

·
Site Sponsor
2,892 Posts
United Composite CA603 or CE603...

·
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much Gents! I will look into these blanks as well! I built my conventional Tuna jig stick out of a Graphite USA BSW65XH. Would the UC Predator, CA603, CE603 be similar blanks? I do like that rod. I have to admit that I am also an OTI fan.... Hmmmmm decisions.... Build them all????:D

·
Site Sponsor
2,892 Posts
Thank you very much Gents! I will look into these blanks as well! I built my conventional Tuna jig stick out of a Graphite USA BSW65XH. Would the UC Predator, CA603, CE603 be similar blanks? I do like that rod. I have to admit that I am also an OTI fan.... Hmmmmm decisions.... Build them all????:D

The difference between the UC CE603 & the CA603 is the CE are Duel Helix blanks & the CA are Non Helix..The Non Helix are built they same as the Seeker Jigging.& the Duel Helix are build in a ply construction thats resistance to both crushing & twisting...Its also keeps the rod round under heavy loads..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts