360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Never fished for Tuna. They are not in my part of the gulf other than blackfin. Caught some of them over the years by mistake. I always gave them away. My fav fish to eat is the pink porgy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I’m from RI originally and I used to go to the beach walk out on the break wall and catch porgy from the rocks. I am a big fan of porgy, would like to catch some on the slow pitch. Porgy on light tackle is fun

·
Registered
60 Posts
Always wanted to fish one. but the nearest one to me is around 250 miles northwest.
My first 2 years after graduating high school in 85 was spent working on Jack-up platforms out of Venice Louisiana and Grand isle Louisiana. Flying PHI helicopters when the weather was good and rocking & rolling the waves on work-boats when the weather was to bad to fly. That is how I cut my teeth on saltwater fishing back then. I'd go to the galley and ask the cook for anything to throw on a hook. I was catching things back then I had no idea what it was. 35 plus years later im still ever bit fascinated with saltwater fishing as I was back then, still learning also.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts