Wild Adventure

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by spineyman, Aug 6, 2009.

1. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

Txseadog, myself and 2 other fish heads from Pensacola joined me in a little jigging adventure yesterday out of Destin. Had a fantastic time with the gang and caught some fish. The excitement started about 3pm when a huge storm rolled offshore right up on us. It got a little hairy to say the least in my little 21' CC, but we all survived and we are thankful for that. The seas went from 2' to 6' in an instant and then with some 8's and bigger thrown in, the good news was it was almost directly at us so we could go straight into the storm and still head torwards the pass at the same time. TSD was great company and fun to fish with. had a few monsters on and managed to loose every one of them. Did keep a limit of snapper, 1 legal aj and a few chicken dolphin. I believe a great time was had by all except for the wet and wild roller coaster ride. I am here to tell you that the rockin roller coaster doesn't have anything on that ride we had yesterday.

2. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

i saw that storm n the radar!!! it was a beast! i went out of venice monday and tuesday. went all the way to the floaters in search of tuna but found none. i wrote a report so check it out for some pics. im glad you all made it back safe.

3. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

Thanks AW. It just so happened I saw a big YFT sky out in 150' of water yesterday. I think he took a wrong turn for sure, don't normally see them in that clost. He was a stud about he looked about 4' long when he skyied about 80 yards away.