Why not Grande Isle?

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Mitchw123456, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Mitchw123456

Mitchw123456 Senior Member

I have a trip booked in July out of grande isle to target yft. Why is it you don't hear as much about GI vs Venice? Don't they basically fish the same area, its just there are more options out of venice as as the can run the river or hit tiger pass? I'm just curious as I booked with these guys as they were one of the very few that I found that would run kayak motherships out.

2. CaptEddie

CaptEddie Site Sponsor

Because grande isle is limited in its fishery a little. Whereas out of venice you reach the shelf about 10-12 miles offshore out of grande isle it is about 50 miles out. Have you asked if anyone out of venice would run kayaks? Grande isle doesnt have a single rig within 50 miles of land that is consistent for tuna whereas venice has about 15-20 rigs in that range that hold tuna on a consistent basis.

3. Mitchw123456

Well Eddie I talked to a couple capts over there and both were afraid of the liability because most capts insurance isn't covered if you willingly leave the boat. So in order to do it you would have to have a yak guide go along also. I started putting this trip together about 3 months ago and sent you a couple emails through your site and never heard anything until yesterday when I PMed you through here about running a trip for us in June without the yaks. Are you saying you would be willing to run yaks for us? If so, and if you know a yak guide that would ride along so we'd be covered I'm fairly certain we can work something out. I dropped that check in the mailbox this morning before I gotto work but hell its saturday and should be there when I get home...

4. CaptEddie

CaptEddie Site Sponsor

if you already dropped the check in the mail don't worry about it as I'm not gonna steal another guys trip hope you have fun as it looks like a blast

5. Mitchw123456

alright we'll see.. if I get to the house befor ethe mailman I will try to get with you moreabout it as you were my frist choice originally. Plus, I'm not to fond of the 18knot cruise speed of the boat I was going to book

6. CaptEddie

CaptEddie Site Sponsor

Must be going on the cherice IV with Rene.