360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

I was offshore yesterday in a center console boat. My tackle box is a plain jane box made by Plano, 9" tall X 9" deep x 20" wide, with one 9x20 tray that fits in it when open. It was snapped shut and sitting on the deck right in front of the console, when we took a particularly sloppy one over the bow. Besides filling my shoes with water, it turned over my tackle box and pretty well wet it down inside as well. Everything inside got a saltwater bath, including some pretty pricey tools, and I spent a good bit of the day today cleaning up the mess.

Can anyone out there recommend a watertight, durable, tackle box about this size? Emphasis on "watertight".

Thanks,

Dick

·
234 Posts
send a PM to ARGO, I know he has a water tight one, if the zipper is closed that is.

His bag is HUGE though.

I have an openwater 606 Wahoo bag that I personally love, although not watertight, it is very easy to rinse out...

·
2,835 Posts
On a center console boat, there is no such thing as a waterproof tackle box. Trust me, I've bought everything in the universe, and nothing, I mean nothing is waterproof in rough seas. Even if it placed in the driest possible compartment it will get water inside of it.

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
If you rigged up a pelican to act as a tackle box, it should be dry. They are expensive.
We use one to take high end filing equipment on the water. Never had one leak.

·
2,020 Posts
fished a tourney this past weekend, and got to mingle with some PROfishonale anglers... one tip was to go to walmart in the sandwich/plasticware section and use the containers designed for kitchen use.. they have seals, and when closed are water/air tight.... and a LOT cheaper than thier twins over in the fishing section.....

·
197 Posts
Check out the Shimano Bristo Bay tackle bags. The big one is what I have and it will hold 5 large plano tackle boxes and the smaller Bristo Bay will hold 5smaller plano tackle boxes. Not only it is 100% water tight but it will float if you don't weight it down too much.

·
234 Posts
Check out the Shimano Bristo Bay tackle bags. The big one is what I have and it will hold 5 large plano tackle boxes and the smaller Bristo Bay will hold 5smaller plano tackle boxes. Not only it is 100% water tight but it will float if you don't weight it down too much.

Dick, roys has these bags on Clearance, I have one, but use it as a cooler, not a tackle box...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts