360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,025 Posts
Way to go TJ!!!!!!!!!!!

·
1,105 Posts
Good catching guys. When I was a kid, we used to eat those things!

Russ

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
way to go guys
i was down there
talked to TJ when he was on the boat,
guess i should have called eariler:D

·
** Pak Lurah **
1,077 Posts
He's in NJ now.:eek:
I thought he's going to stop by at GA before heading to North.:(
The last I heard, he's still at AL.

Way to go TJ !!!!

Keep us entertains with the report........

·
133 Posts
I met with TJ earlier giving him the 2$ tour of our facilities at TackleDirect and he told me about this trip. Thanks Kil for posting the pics, he said he had a great time. I am jealous, Skip is one of my favorite captains to fish with.

I also saw the new prototype 8'6 popping rod WOW is all I have to say!

I have 6' OTI Jigging Rods on display in Ocean City matched with a Stella 6000FA I have on special, great setup.

Great catch Kil and TJ!

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also saw the new prototype 8'6 popping rod WOW is all I have to say!

I have 6' OTI Jigging Rods on display in Ocean City matched with a Stella 6000FA I have on special, great setup.

8'6" rod will be a big winner if the rod can prove itself to handle the pressure of big tuna. While drum fishing, TJ and myself tested the prototype 8'6" 50 lbs and 80 lbs rods and we could cast very far even the Stella reels are filled with 80 lbs braided line. I am going to test the 50 lbs rod on the upcoming Big E trip on June 13-15 as well as bluefin popping trips in Cape Cod Bay.
I told TJ that Cape May where we fished is the major port for bluefin tuna fishing in July.

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
Way to go TJ!! Catching monster drum on an acid wrapped rod? Cool! But was it a jig, or bait?

Tom - DBG
alot of acid rods around here:D :D :D the drum hateem

·
** Pak Lurah **
1,077 Posts
Finally I met TJ tonight at Fung(gwinnet) restaurant, Jim(crazyjigger) and kids was there also.
We're playing with new OTI 8'6" popping prototype, this rod is tuna killer.

Nice to meeting you TJ.....

·
1,025 Posts
Finally I met TJ tonight at Fung(gwinnet) restaurant, Jim(crazyjigger) and kids was there also.
We're playing with new OTI 8'6" popping prototype, this rod is tuna killer.

Nice to meeting you TJ.....

Man, I thought I had one of the longerst popper rods at 8 feet! TJ just keeps making them longer!!! I hope it was a 2 piece.

Wish I was there!! I am sure you had fun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts