360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I'm planning a trip to the Mediterranean next year and I'm at a loss as to which rod to buy. I have acquired a Racepoint 200 (1st edition) but need 1 more rod. The extra rod should preferably be a bit more powerful. Should I go with a Racepoint 250, Monster Ledge 250, Ripplefisher 710, H枚wk 250 or something completely different? It will mainly be used for sticks, but also be able to throw a popper if i feel like it. The budget is 500-800USD. I hope you can help me on the right track 馃馃徏

Registered
RF710 or Racepoint 250. RF will be slightly longer giving you more distance and be a bit lighter.
If you really going after the COWS, maybe a RF76 would be a great option. I am biased towards JDM rods of course. lol

Registered
In what part of the mediterranian sea you will be fishing? In some areas you can fish big baits but in some parts of the mediterranian sea they won't attack too much big baits and rather take only very small plastic baits attached to a bombetta. Before i can give you a suggestions, i might should know what kind of lures you will need to be fishing and what the average size of tuna there is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts