360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

Which stella model for jigging

5K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  lite-liner 
#1 ·
Which model number is the one designed for jigging. Trying to help a friend out and I couldnt remember which one it was. Hes getting an 8000.

#2 ·
It depends on the type of fish. Big tuna you see down your way I would suggest the 10000 or 20000. The 20000 has lower gear ration which helps on big fish. The 10000 is a higher gear and has less line capacity but you can buy and install a 20000 spool

#3 ·
Mostly for all around jigging for bf for chum etc. Tuna over 50 rarely hit a jig over here and its generally not worth the time to jig for em. My friend likes small reels and I know the 8000 is an impressive reel I justdont know if we want the pg of the sw or something else.

#6 ·
The Japan model comes with extra spool, 3 different handles and factory grease and oil. Anglers-proshop will get them serviced. The power gear is equally good for jigging and popping. Jigging with pg on spinner is no problem, the longer rod actually is less work compared to conventional. you can not go wrong with stella.

#7 ·
Captain Eddie,

When I bought my 20,000 and 8,000, I chose the PG s to get the extra spools and handles and went ahead and took the risk on warranty service. I am told by fairly good folks that the parts all bolt up with U.S. models so if you are willing to pay, you can get them fixed (although that is just heresay.)

Russ

#8 ·
I have the 8000FA and it works great for everthing from catching bait to throwing topwaters. The 10,000 and 20,000 are to big and heavy IMO. If you are mostly going to be catching BFT for chum and chunks then I would highly recommend the 8000FA and if you get a wild hair, it makes catching big AJs and Yellows alot of fun.

#10 ·
oncemore that girl is downright evil. Ugh! I hate that kind of behavior. Like saying you're pregnant when you're not. For attention? Or what? Some things i'll never
understand.

Aside from my weekend wild side I've always been athletic and eat healthy. I've been pretty free of medical issues and she knew its the one thing would get to me. Kudos to her for figuring that out since I'm not at all a worrier and not much bothers me.

I laughed about it once she told me the truth as I'm a ball breaker and a prankster so you have to be able to take it better than you give it cause people will always be trying.

I couldn't get off Google that whole day though and was about to start calling other girls I'd been with, which was her intention. She only told me the truth to spare the other girls, none of which I was committed to.

#11 ·
SW PG models have a slower gear ratio and keep the jig in the strike zone longer, which is better for your bottom fish, in South Florida we prefer the PG models because we are usually targeting grouper and the like.

SW or SW HG models are a higher retreive and are better for fast moving species like Tuna or throwing top water for again fast moving species.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.