360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am a novice fishing player with only a little experience and very interested in slow pitching jigging. So I found some information about fishing rods, and it seem that they all mentioned the Evergreen Poseidon 603. I tend to buy 603-5 besauce it is more versatile than 603-4.
I mainly go fishing in Thailand, and sometimes go to Montreal, Canada. What do you think?

·
104 Posts
I bought a 603-6. Never used others numbers.
Didn't used it much yet.
It's quite soft compared to my other SP rods.
I used it in 300ft with a 200- 250gr jig and, it was perfect.

·
Registered
722 Posts
So, when you first started driving, did you get a Porsche GTS with 6 speed manual? Or, did you get something that was sufficient and got you to where you needed to go?

You don't need a Evergreen to start. Actually, I would highly recommend against getting an Evergreen to start.

Look at rods meant to be entry level rods. Shimano Grappler Type Slow J, Temple Reef Elevate, hell, even a Goofish. But, for real, don't get an Evergreen now.

·
Retired Member
4,780 Posts
Deciding on a #4 or #5 will depend mostly on which one fits your most used jig weights especially if it’s your only SPJ rod. Other things that you’ll learn when jigging that fall into play on which rod number or jig to use is, water depth, current and jig design.

Benny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, when you first started driving, did you get a Porsche GTS with 6 speed manual? Or, did you get something that was sufficient and got you to where you needed to go?

You don't need a Evergreen to start. Actually, I would highly recommend against getting an Evergreen to start.

Look at rods meant to be entry level rods. Shimano Grappler Type Slow J, Temple Reef Elevate, hell, even a Goofish. But, for real, don't get an Evergreen now.
Thanks for your suggestion, is it possible to recommend a fishing rod to me?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a 603-6. Never used others numbers.
Didn't used it much yet.
It's quite soft compared to my other SP rods.
I used it in 300ft with a 200- 250gr jig and, it was perfect.
Why do you rarely use it and which one is your favorite?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deciding on a #4 or #5 will depend mostly on which one fits your most used jig weights especially if it's your only SPJ rod. Other things that you'll learn when jigging that fall into play on which rod number or jig to use is, water depth, current and jig design.

Benny
So far I only want to buy one SPJ rod, so its versatility is very important to me.

·
104 Posts
So far I only want to buy one SPJ rod, so its versatility is very important to me.
I bought it just before the covid and, my 2 fishing trips down south were cancelled....
Just tried it for cod in the st-Laurence gulf. It feels good but can't wait to use it for a full week in Costa Rica.
Why do you rarely use it and which one is your favorite?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts