Which Corrosion X product ???

Discussion in 'Reel Repair' started by SkeeterRonnie, Mar 15, 2007.

1. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

which one of these is the proper one to use in the reels??? I am thinking the ReelX, but the SpeedX looks pretty neat as well.
    http://www.corrosionx.com/

2. alantani

alantani Senior Member

honestly, i use them almost interchangeably. i bought reel x and gun x and they worked just fine. i ended up refilling them with plain corrosion x. which reminds me, i have a rifle to clean......

3. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

thanks Alan. I may try the speedX. it says it bonds to the metal.

Well no luck on anyone around here having any in stock. SO I find out they are a couple miles from here, at work. I had no idea they are based at 635 and Kingsley in N Dallas. open until 5pm... I know where I am going after work... lol.

4. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Hey Ronnie, pick me up a tube of that stuff, wouldja?
    I'm gonna try to be @ the BPS meeting, see you there?
    -Brian

5. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I'm trying to remember where I bought some at a decent price. They only sold it in case lots. I bought it in the spring of last year. I've only used about 1/10 of what I bought. I guess I have 9 more years worth of Corrosionx in stock. It's good stuff.

6. jig

jig Senior Member

I got a case of it on ebay, from etackle I think. IIRC, all the corrosion x products are the same formula, but various degrees of dilution/viscosity. Other than the heavy duty formula, I think they would all be the same once the carrier evaporated.