360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can you get this stuff the cheapest (but not buy a knock-off). I usually don't buy this stuff on ebay, but was hoping there was a place that sold it cheaper than most. Looking to buy probably 60lb to fill 5 saltists and 3 Saragosas.....also 130 to fill a 50W and maybe an 80W.

Sounds like maybe CharkBait and Tackledirect? Thanks.

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don;t like the wax or whatever it is on the Power Pro, thanks though. Basil, thanks for the offer, but shipping doesn't really play in.

Either way, I'll be calling for wind on top shots for all the trolling/chunking reels (8 of em).....there is NO SUBSTITUTE there.

·
306 Posts
Basil has good prices on 80 and 100, but the best prices on 60 and 130 is anglercenter.com. $140 for 1200 of 60# hollow JB and $145 for 1200 of 130#. I have no affiliation with the companies.

·
5,457 Posts
Basil has good prices on 80 and 100, but the best prices on 60 and 130 is anglercenter.com. $140 for 1200 of 60# hollow JB and $145 for 1200 of 130#. I have no affiliation with the companies.

For a few dollars more, I will (and have) use a site sponser. There fees help make this a free site for all to visit

d-a

·
306 Posts
For a few dollars more, I will (and have) use a site sponser. There fees help make this a free site for all to visit

d-a
NP, just trying to help. For JB, it's all drop shipping I believe, so no one should be carrying that much inventory.

·
225 Posts

d-a

amen brotha :D

·
Site Sponsor
1,212 Posts
For JB, it's all drop shipping I believe, so no one should be carrying that much inventory.

Not true. I use, support, and stock all the line I sell. You could come to my shop and leave with any spool, test, color, or have your reel filled on the HD140 linewinder, and spliced on the spot.

Basil Pappas
BHP Tackle

·
225 Posts
Basil did a GREAT job of filling my reel TIGHT with line and put the wind-on leader on it too! I was amazed at how much line he got on there!

·
306 Posts
For JB, it's all drop shipping I believe, so no one should be carrying that much inventory.

Not true. I use, support, and stock all the line I sell. You could come to my shop and leave with any spool, test, color, or have your reel filled on the HD140 linewinder, and spliced on the spot.

Basil Pappas
BHP Tackle

I stand corrected :). Nothing like having the line professionally spooled to maximize capacity and minimize line twist! I think I had bought JB multiple times from 2 or 3 places in the past and the spools themselves were always dropped shipped, so I thought that was routine. Sorry for the misstatement.

Maybe you can answer a question about JB 60? It seems from other posts, that one can only get 450 yds or so of JB 60 on a stella 20k, but I have more than that of PE 8 (avani SMP 8/12) on the reel (not much more, but a little). Is JB 60 thicker than the avani PE 8? I was considering dropping down to that line to add capacity, but it doesn't seem to be worth doing.

·
Site Sponsor
1,212 Posts
The 20K takes 550 yards of 60lb hollow, and 400 yards of 80lb hollow. The 60lb has less diameter than PE8. I'll post a Stella capacity chart shortly.

Basil Pappas
BHP Tackle

1 - 20 of 31 Posts