"Where they bite Everyday"

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by MrBill, Jul 8, 2008.

1. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

As a kid, my father would take me to the weather guage pole downtown Port Aransas. There was this tall "Lone Star Beer" sign on top of a telephone pole. At the top of the pole was a windmill type device to give you the current wind speed. At eye level you could see the wind speed constantly changing in a glass enclosed meter. We visited this sign every morning before going fishing. It was a ritual for our family. Next to the guage was a little sign that said "Port A, where they bite every day".

Over the years I've continued to quote that saying. Especially when the rain begins and the mosquito's come and attack me. They love me. I'm always the first one to get bit. It's still a slogan in Port A. Today I was given a custom made T-shirt because of my continued comment over the years. I though it was funny and took a pic of the T-shirt. It's a one of a kind. It was air bushed by a local artist.

Please excuse the quality of the picture, as my digital camera shattered. Until I'm done researching cameras, I am using an old floppy drive digital Mavica that is twelve years old.

Attached Files:

2. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

3. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

MrBill,

That's a neat shirt. Funny too! Someone has some mad airbrush skills if they brushed the entire shirt.
    I would love the chance to do that type of work for you. One of a kind, picture quality prints on any cotton based product. It ain't an iron on...

4. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Poor ole Mr Bill!!!!!
    Thoose there darn skeetters dun up and sucked him dry.

No head nor hand left either.

I hope he went well, maybe better than swetting to death.

Kil even told me this spring he wanted to meet Mr Bill..True!!

Anyway
    That might be a good thread for in the winter,

Different slogans from different port towns.

Kev

5. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

MrBill,

That's a neat shirt. Funny too! Someone has some mad airbrush skills if they brushed the entire shirt.
    I would love the chance to do that type of work for you. One of a kind, picture quality prints on any cotton based product. It ain't an iron on...

It was given to me by someone who has a "Cult Following". :D

He gave four out at lunch today including one for himself. His was by far the best. He knows himself better than we thought. Each shirt was different to portray one of our pet pees. They were all very funny and perfect for each individual. Being a little cocky, and the fact that he had five "Old Fashions" it slipped out that the guy charged him $125 each.:eek: He also picked up the tab so I will only say nice things about the guy from this day forward.:)

I does appear that it is 100% air brushed.

6. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

At 125 a shirt it had better ALL be airbrushed. As a matter of fact... that price would get a nice rack stuffed inside ready for a lap dance for my money.

7. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Guest

He also picked up the tab so I will only say nice things about the guy from this day forward.:)

Have you ever heard "There's no such thing as a free lunch".:D
    I believe that you will revise your above statement in the near future.:D