Where do get welded Rings for irons ?

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by TK_82, May 28, 2009.

1. TK_82

TK_82 Senior Member

just wondering if n/e one knows where i can get some welded rings and how do i replace the new rings. i have a few jigs with weak rings and need to replace them. do i need a special tool to do it or do i have to take it to the pros?

2. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Do it your self, order some butt rings and silver solder it.
    very simple process, jmo.

3. feeder

feeder Senior Member

This might help. It takes a little practice at first and you can get rings from Rosco already pre-made. You just need to weld them.

Ring tutorial

4. TK_82

TK_82 Senior Member

minnow and feeder thanx alot guys...now i just need a torch and silver solder to get crackin...

5. feeder

feeder Senior Member

If you have a Harbor Freight store close by they have micro torches for a really good price. I think mine was on sale for like 4.99.

6. TK_82

TK_82 Senior Member

i just checked online and there is one located near my place like 10mins away. thanx feeder, u just saved me the trouble of ordering it online. do they have silver solder as well i didnt see it on their site?

7. jig

jig Senior Member

For those of us not wanting to make them, can you buy quality rings anywhere? Real rings, not the ones with the flat sides.

8. d-a

d-a Senior Member

For those of us not wanting to make them, can you buy quality rings anywhere? Real rings, not the ones with the flat sides.

Angler's Pro Shop

d-a

9. jureal

jureal Senior Member