360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your prefered hook for chunking?

Is it ringed ?

I was planing on using the Owner Super Mutu Ringed. 5/0

What are some other preferd barnds and sizes?

Thanks

Skipp

·
221 Posts
Skiper, there will be some Frenzy circle hooks for TBB 06 for you to try. Non-offset, and pretty blue and red in color.
Also got a few packages of "big daddy" circles for the deep drop times. 8/0-9/0. etc.
Frenzy would be pleased for you and others to try them and give feed back.

G

·
mudskipper
i use the ringed super mutu in sizes from 3/0 to 7/0 depending on the size of my chunks. i know there is a lot of debate over offset and non offset. i have never had an issue with the offset deep hooking a tuna so far. the quality and the strength of the super mutu's is great.....rick

·
175 Posts
I personally like mustad demon in 5/0 or 6/0
( i think thats the size) they are about like your thumb size

like most things fishing, there are many ways to go, most are what your comfortable with.

·
106 Posts
I actually have been using the newer red Penn circles recently. They're relatively inexpensive when compared to some of the other circles on the market. I really like them. In fact, so much that I've been using them on my bottom drop rigs as well.

Brad

·
206 Posts
The red Penn (Eagle Claw) hooks have done well for us on the bottom drops but I've ordered a bunch of super mutu's for the tuna fishing. After a little reading and hands on they seem like the way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts