1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Liquid Trophy Font Material property Gas
Toy Wood Machine Auto part Metal
Automotive lighting Toy Amber Wood Cylinder

Well some may and some may not know that Ima saltiga fanatic ... over the last few years I've gotten more than a few but even since 2008 one reel eluded me and felt like a dream it was so rare .. well today i bought that reel ..

Saltiga 30T Japan edition I'm so in love

That's (3) 30Ts (2) 40s and one 50 .. I'm saltiga done .

Selling my old backup reel which is a a fully converted Saltist to Saltiga .

What's your grail ? And do you own it

·
3,727 Posts
That gold saltiga is pretty
Grailish. I think that's the first one I've ever seen.Damn that's cool. I love my saltigas. All of them :) holy grail though might be an ocea jigger. Or a SOM blue heaven but I've never turned one, so the jury is still out on that one.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I want to try heavy jigging with a big bodied Stella, a la 20k. My all purpose jigging setup is a Stella 10k, my all purpose popping setup is an 8k, and my heavy jigging has been with conventional so far...but I'd like to give it a shot with the big ol Stella 20k.

·
5,275 Posts
I guess I'd like to own a reel fished personally by Jose Wejebe. Spanish fly was my favorite show when I was young. It was miles ahead of other shows. It gave me aspirations and goals.
That's one of my "holy grail" reels I guess ;)

·
6,002 Posts
Can we see them ? I'm surprised You fish ocea jiggers but use 35h still lol ? .... on a side note that 4000p is getting higher and higher on my list .. even a 5000/4000 gold ocea ...
Two are in action. The other two are backup, although, one will get lighter line for the pulley trip. Only reel I'd think of using cranking up pound plus jigs at those depths.

The 35H was last used a few years ago to bounce 16 oz grouper jigs with grubs. Wanted a long rod and no other options. Baha sat on it. If I don't get the Challenger rod. It will continue to be my mutton rod for soaking gogs. Love that parabolic bend when a big black decides it rather take the bait. However, when I'm intentionally baiting big blacks. The 507 comes out. That takes a lot to bend. Lol

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.