What rod for an Accurate 665N 2sp

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by New Kent Newbie, Apr 13, 2009.

1. New Kent Newbie

New Kent Newbie Junior member

Im torn as what kind of rod to get for this reel, something general purpose or a jigging rod. Any suggestions from people who have one. Thanks

2. nxtbgctch

nxtbgctch Senior Member

What do you plan on fishing for?

3. spiderhitch

spiderhitch Senior Member

can't go wrong with those oti's,new kent the custom rod i showed you sat with doing a drag test was a oti rod pushing over 30 pounds of drag like nothing.

4. d-a

d-a Senior Member

If your not in a hurry, the soon to be released 400g OTI is what I would use. Or if you need a rod now a 600g OTI would get the nod.

d-a

5. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

My 665N 2-speed sits on a 300G OTI - it's a great jigging combo. Handles fish to 35lbs easily (I haven't caught anything larger with it yet). Super light package and handles 20lbs+ of drag (love that maximum drag:D ). I primarily use it down to 300' of water. In deeper water, I use the 600G OTI with a 665W 2-speed.

6. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

the oti 300 has decent power, toneyc used mine on a 100lb black tip in short amount of time. i think the 665 would match up with the 400 and 600 gm better. 270 and 870 on the 300 would be killer combos.

7. New Kent Newbie

Thanks everyone i think im gonna get the oti 400 i just started jigging less than a year ago and i caught the bug quick

8. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

The OTI 400g won't be out till late this Summer I think. If you're lookin to use it soon, I would get the 300g conventional, they are on sale at tackledirect.com for $199.95 right now, free shipping over $200 as well:

Ocean Tackle International OceanXtreme Jigging Rods

9. New Kent Newbie

I might have to do that but i want to go custom

10. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

customs are nice, but have terrible resale value... just a thought.

11. New Kent Newbie

I know they do but almost all of my rods are custom

12. d-a

d-a Senior Member

I know they do but almost all of my rods are custom

You can still get the 400g as a custom rod, when the blanks come available

d-a

13. Jim Hensley

Jim Hensley Junior member

You could get a 400g jigging master. That's what i just did and I have an accurate 665N 2 spd. Kil Song set me up. Nice combo now I just need to test it out.