What is your 2 speed Gear Ratio on your 665 2spd

Discussion in 'Reels' started by JerseyBrian, Aug 5, 2008.

1. JerseyBrian

JerseyBrian Senior Member

Just wondering if everyone has 5:1 and 2:1 as their Gear Ratios on their Accurate 665H 2spds. I've heard that others might have a 6:1 high gear.... if so... maybe Accurate has been trying to make some improvements by using a lower ratio high gear to achieve more cranking power?? :confused: I just bought my 665H 2spd from Charkbait 2 weeks ago.

[​IMG]

Brian

2. gmack

gmack Senior Member

Mine is a few months old and is 5:1 and 2:1

Gary

3. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

mine is 6:1....be glad you've got 5:1...it is plenty.

4. jig

jig Senior Member

mine is 5:1, bought early this year. I don't think I would want the 6:1.

5. JerseyBrian

mine is 5:1, bought early this year. I don't think I would want the 6:1.

Just want to see WHY Accurate decided to change the Gear Ratio more than anything... did they do it for improved performance? Did they change/improve anything else with this year's batch of 665 2spds?

6. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

I got mine 3 weeks ago and it is 5.1 I might actually have liked the 6.1 more but I havent used one. Only comparison I have is a torium 20 that is 6/1.

7. jig

jig Senior Member

Who knows why? 6:1 for the 60# class is too high. It's hard enough for me to crank with any fish at all hooked up with the 5:1 gear. But that low gear is sweet.

Am I the only person not having problems with my 665? Or maybe I just have not used it enough yet.

8. JerseyBrian

mine is 6:1....be glad you've got 5:1...it is plenty.
    Bret when did you get yours?

9. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Just want to see WHY Accurate decided to change the Gear Ratio more than anything... did they do it for improved performance? Did they change/improve anything else with this year's batch of 665 2spds?

I'd say give them a quick call. It's almost impossible to crank in the 6:1 gear anyway.

10. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

I would like to see 5:1 and 3:1 with those smaller reels. 2:1 seems awefully low for such a small spool.

11. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

If they change gear from 6:1 to 5:1, it makes sense. Compare 6:1 and 5:1 side by side and you know it why. Most guys want high gear ratio, but 5;1 is good enough for fast cranking and give more cranking power and easy to reel.

12. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

Mine is from the original batch. I am going to ask the guys there what gear they put in when they replaced it recently.

13. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I have a 665 and 665W two speed. I just checked and both of them are 5:1, 2:1. The low speed is really 2.2:1.

Bret, maybe you need some reading glasses.:) Are you sure you have a
    6:1 on your two speed?

I plan on being the first to buy a B2-30. I haven't had a problem with the 665 two speeds as some of you guys. The gears look super heavy duty on the new extreme boss reels. The gear box reminds me of the Torsa. I'm assuming that the B2-30 is the final fix for a super heavy duty little Mighty Mouse reel that most consumers think is a 80W.:eek: I'm also assuming that the B2-50 is a wide version of the B2-30. I assume that both new reels are the same diameter as the current 665's. I also like the fact that you don't have to have that stupid little golf ball knob as standard equipment. I also believe that lugs are optional.

Here's a link to the up coming extreme boss B2-30 and 50.
    ICAST 2008 Accurate2 Speed Boss Extreme Reels

14. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

just looked again, it is 5:1. must have been all the vicodin ive been taking lately:eek:

I don't know why i was thinking 6:1. weird.

15. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I'm also assuming that the B2-50 is a wide version of the B2-30. I assume that both new reels are the same diameter as the current 665's.
    As far as I know 50 is a wide version of 30, but they are not in the same league of 665. When I called Accurate, they said 30/50 is much bigger than 665.

16. rtran

rtran Senior Member

just looked again, it is 5:1. must have been all the vicodin ive been taking lately:eek:

LOL

17. gman

gman Senior Member

I just got mine back from them and its a 5:1, Bret you can ship me those Vicodine if you don't need them. Fly down and meet me in Miami this weekend you don't want to miss this. No fishing on the water this weekend LOL

18. JerseyBrian

I just got mine back from them and its a 5:1, Bret you can ship me those Vicodine if you don't need them. Fly down and meet me in Miami this weekend you don't want to miss this. No fishing on the water this weekend LOL

you seriously going to Miami this weekend Glenn? For how long?

19. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

Serial number 0000330. Ratio--5:1/2:1.

20. TBaker

TBaker Senior Member

you seriously going to Miami this weekend Glenn? For how long?

Oh lord, the 2 of you in Miami!? They need to be warned! Need to tell the shops in South Beach to bring in their mannequins (they have implants! :eek: ). ;)

Go to the Forge restaurant and try to outdo each other. They have bottles of wine for over $10K!! Most expensive is $144K! :eek: But that should be no problem fo you 2 big spenders! ;)