What do you think of Accurate jigging rods?

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by stresst, Aug 23, 2008.

1. stresst

stresst Senior Member

Thinking of getting one, 225 isn't too bad either campered to a trevala IMO
    What else is out there for 200 bucks??

2. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

There are a lot of good reel companies out there.
    There are a lot of good rod companies out there.
    Precious little need to be the guinea pig and see which few overlap.

3. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

the OTI are 259 may be another choice
    i think ty2philly just got one:D
    he may have some input

4. ty2philly

ty2philly Senior Member

the OTI are 259 may be another choice
    i think ty2philly just got one:D
    he may have some input

Paul,

Thanks for the mention.
    Indeed I did get one. I should arrive on Tuesday.
    I decided to pick up this rod becaue I had the opportunity to check it out at Paul's shop. I was very impressed with how it felt and looked.

I also considered the Accurate Xnergy Rods. But went with the OTI 600g because I know there will be no guessing work with how well it will hold up.

Prior to the OTI 600g rod I purchased and returned the following three rods because they just did not have the backbone needed for jigging:

BassPro Shop Off Shore Angler Free Style Trigger Rod
    50-100 LB 6'6'' MH

BassPro Shop Off Shore Angler Free Style Trigger Rod
    80-200 LB 6'0'' XH

Penn International Torque Jigging Casting Rod
    80-130 LB 5'8"

All three rods cost $99 each. They all look good, but in the end I did not feel confident they would hold up to my upcoming trip in Willmington NC - Amber Jack JigFest trip.

I also purchased the Barefoot Jigging Rod. Unfortunately the company went out of busines, but you can pick up the rods very cheap. Its a very nice rod work keeping as a lighter weight (300g lure weight) class of rod. The rod wraps are very attractive.

Speaking of nice rod wraps; next month I will have Paul build me a custom spiral wrap rod for a tuna jigging trip I will be doing.

The bottom line is I went threw a few budget rods only to settle on spending a little more money in order to get a much better rod. So my advice echoes Paul's which is to consider the OTI 600g rod. I am sure you will be very happy with it because you can rest assure that it will hold up, its good looking, very light, and most importantly a beast of a rod!

P.S.
    Send Paul a personal message, maybe he can get you a good deal on one of the nice rods he builds. I have been to his shop a couple times. They are very nice rods, and he is a good guy to boot.

Ty