What Charter Boat In The Destin Area?

Discussion in 'Charter Boat & Party Boat' started by red34, Jan 12, 2009.

1. red34

red34 Guest

I have been doing some searching for party boats in the Destin Area. I have fished there a few times, but never taken a party boat there. If it's anything like Port A, there are some good ones, and ones to steer clear of. They also seem to have some 6-pack type operations that take 15-20 people at approx 2 to 2 ½ X the price of the regular head boats.

If any of you guys have any experiences with any of these operations, I would appreciate it.

2. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

3. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

The Swoop and the Swoop II are both good, their fast and fish deeper waters and usually catch a good variety of fish.

4. redneck_billcollector

redneck_billcollector Senior Member

They might be good boats, but they are geared towards bait fishing. They do not allow braid in any shape, size or form. You are going to be hard pressed to find any head type boats in Florida that allow braid. If someone knows of any please let me know.

5. redneck_billcollector

I was down at Harbour Walk yesterday and talked to one of the Captains from the Olin Marler's Fleet. The Captain says they will custom charter for jigging and popping and will go to some of the more easterly oil rigs (ram powell, etc.. I know they are great for marlin, don't know about tuna though) or the midnight lump area. Some of the boats will take 10 fisherman for multiple days and put them on tuna or whatever. The captain I talked with used to comercial fish tuna in the n.e. GOM and seemed very confident that he could put folks on YFT and BlackFT with no problem. He captains a 6pk overnighter and his price for 48 hours was just under 5k. The 10pk overnighters were about the same price for 32 hours. The 10pks were rated for 48pk on day trip and they have some good size. The one I looked at cruises 18kts and appears to have ample space to fish 10 people with casting etc, it doubles basically as a private party boat for bottom fishing. It is a walk around and has bunks for 10 fishermen, capt. and mate.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this fleet and if so, what is your experience. If it is decent I was thinking about trying to put together a trip for later this year or early next year if anyone would be interested. One of the main problems I could come up with was that none of these boats can make ice though, the capt. told me they could carry a heck of alot though I forgot the ammount but it was impressive....

6. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

Did you spefically ask about braid, because just before the oil mess there were no boats out of Destin that allowed braid on their boats.

7. redneck_billcollector

Did you spefically ask about braid, because just before the oil mess there were no boats out of Destin that allowed braid on their boats.

Yeah I did, they said on custom charters they had no problem with it. If open charter you can't bring it.

8. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

Yeah I did, they said on custom charters they had no problem with it. If open charter you can't bring it.

Good deal loose wheel.