What braid are we using?

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by a1flyfishr, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Feldguy

Feldguy Active Member

I always have used sufix 832, despite it being thicker and not the most current superline.

I tried the Centaur Villain as well and it's great but I can't say it's that much more remarkable than fireline or yozuri.

That smoke fireline is cool looking, too.

tugasangler and a1flyfishr like this.
  2. a1flyfishr

a1flyfishr Retired Member

I’ll be restockIng my braid soon and looking for 1200m spools of PE1.5, PE2, PE2.5, PE3 and PE4. I’ve been using Sunline Jigger ULT4 with great results but it seems hard to come by this time. So I’m open for suggestions? Would love a sample of the Fireline and/or Yo-Zuri you mentioned.

Benny

3. FalconerRods

FalconerRods Junior member

I have white 20# and blue 30# Yo Zuri...also have 14 lb. and 20 lb. Fireline. shoot me your address and I'll mail you some.

explorer and a1flyfishr like this.
  4. a1flyfishr

a1flyfishr Retired Member

PM’d Thank you!

5. Tidetraveller

Tidetraveller Senior Member

I’m about to re-spool my SPJ reels for an up coming YC Pulley Deep Drop trip, what are you guys using for dropping jigs dow to 750-800’?

Been using JB 30# but I’d like to see if I can drop the diameter a little to help get lighter jigs down deep.

a1flyfishr likes this.
  6. JPW01

JPW01 Junior member

I’ve only used JB, but for some reason it’s gotten very expensive or harder to find. Following!

7. ReelMe

ReelMe Super Member

I can’t begin to count the number of guys I’ve personally fished with, as a result of 360. Many branches have extended

a1flyfishr likes this.
  8. Darryl Goffreda

Darryl Goffreda New Member

I like Diawia Boat Braid for jigging and Jerry Brown for casting

bnz likes this.
  9. bnz

bnz Just a guy who likes to fish

Basil at bhptackle.com always has JB in stock. If you tell him what reel you have and what lb test you want he'll sell you just the amount for your individual reel. He'll also spool it for you if you send it in to him.

tugasangler and JPW01 like this.
  10. hafnor

hafnor Senior Member

i also go for daiwa 8 strand j braid-Never had failure on that line. nice with meter counter to mark fish bite aswell. soft and round, easy to tie. And cheap compared to high end lines

Kim and jiggingnut like this.
  11. JPW01

JPW01 Junior member

Yep, I just got my braid from BHP. He’s still the most competitive price wise. I used to be able to find JB at tackledirect and combine shipping, but the prices shot thru the roof for JB.

Salty Bones likes this.
  12. Salty Bones

Salty Bones Well-Known Member

Basil is a Master at his trade. The best I've ever come across and an awesome gentleman! I'm very thankful for people like him!!