360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for jigs at a good price. Any websites? I have only used the shimano and williamson jigs. Any other good brands. Thanks.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
I have not tried them out yet but I got some cheap a$$ jigs off of ebay. They look just as good as the ones that are $20 a pop. They passed weights test to 50 lbs...

I would take a look at 360Tackle The prices of the jigs are hard to beat since they come with an assist hook.

·
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the pelagic ones on ebay but they are in australia!! Are they called surebite. Good quality?Thanks

·
395 Posts
Look at river to sea good quality and price, just got my first OTI jigs they look very good ,the solid and split rings seem a little to big I'll probably change them out.

·
234 Posts
the OTI jigs are nice, I just dont like the size of the split/solid rings.

My preferred jig is the River2Sea Knife Jig in Blue color....its caught more fish for me and any of my 40 other jigs

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
I like the pelagic ones on ebay but they are in australia!! Are they called surebite. Good quality?Thanks
Yes they are surebite. I have tested them to hold weight. I have not fished them yet but I will next weekend and will report on them. YOu can steal them cheaper than anything if you keep your eye on them. I got one set of 5 for about $3 per jig for 400 gram and another set of 250gram(i think) for $2 per jig. The guy ships really fast also. Just don't buy his assist hooks. They started bending at 30 lbs of drag...

·
663 Posts
All jigs work at different times! I haven't seen any one jig that is just plain old wrong all the time. I've had good luck with the Wiliamson Benthos, it's my go to jig, I've seen the OTI's get hit alot, and the River2Sea jigs as well. And of course, the one I've seen get hit more than anything else, the old reliable diamond jig!

All I can say is get lots of them if you have any toothy critters around! Not uncommon to lose 10 in a weekend if you have barracudas, kingfish or sharks around.

DBG

·
1,448 Posts
the sure bite jigs are not the best. they dont have sharp lines and kind of sloppy i think from being clones. they dont act as nice as the originals. just my opinion.

·
1,321 Posts
I like the surebites. And they have very good glow paint. Since I make my own assists this is what I usually buy. But for jigs with assists, OTI is first choice.

·
1,366 Posts
the sure bite jigs are not the best. they dont have sharp lines and kind of sloppy i think from being clones. they dont act as nice as the originals. just my opinion.

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.
I will keep that in mind. I did purchase one set of 250g jigs, but also for my 320g amd 420g jigs I went with OTI Jitterbel.

Ty

·
1,366 Posts
I like the surebites. And they have very good glow paint. Since I make my own assists this is what I usually buy. But for jigs with assists, OTI is first choice.

Agreed. Same here.

Ty

·
88 Posts
Hey,

For the money, I like River2Sea Knife, Turkey Slider, and Sea Rock. Also use Williamson, though I don't like the assist rig they come with. The Sea Rocks go down faster and straighter than anything else I've used, so it's a good current jig. I rig my own assists. I'm a cheap bastard, so if there's kings or wahoo around and I start losing them, I put a short piece of wire on, around 4 inches; I still get bites.

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
Have you guys see our new jigs?
We changed the welded rings and split rings to smaller size and now our jigs come with 2 assist hooks.

If you guys have any suggestions on how we can improve our jigs please let me know.

Thanks,
TJ

1 - 20 of 33 Posts