360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

3,586 Posts
That's a nice looking sword. Congrat's. I gather you went to the Dumping Grounds or the 500 fathom hump. You've got some great eating fish in the pics. I love tuna, but a fresh cut steak from swordie is hard to beat. Those ling are one of favorites. Glad to see you had good weather and the fishing was great.

3,586 Posts
Jared,

I'm not sure if you get "Sport Fishing" magazine, but in the one I received in the mail today it has an article about a Sword caught in a Florida Bay. The guy was returning from an offshore trip near Islamorada when he spotted this huge dark colored fish in about 8 feet of water.

He tossed a live pilchard in front of it and all hell broke loose. His kids started crying and freaking out when the sword went airborne time after time. After a four hour fight, he finally got it to the boat. It was 11' long and an estimated 350 pounds. He was so impressed by the fight and the size of the Sword, he released it to fight another day. There is a picture of it jumping in the shallow green bay waters.

This happened in April this year, 2007.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.