Water temperature sites

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by rod27, Jul 2, 2009.

1. rod27

rod27 Junior member

where are some places to look for water temperatures in the Atlantic or near FLorida/Bahamas?

thx

2. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

noaa buoys normally tell water temp.

3. rod27

rod27 Junior member

isnt there a colored graph showing the currents, like on certain MFD's with weather data? Ive only seen it on tv during a Raymarine or other manufacturer's commercial and thought that is what u guys used.

4. rod27

rod27 Junior member

i think that's it.....thx....do you guys use these the day/night before a tuna run?

5. d-a

d-a Senior Member

i think that's it.....thx....do you guys use these the day/night before a tuna run?

I look at them a week before, sometimes you have clouds that the satellite cant get a reading thru.

d-a

6. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

where are some places to look for water temperatures in the Atlantic or near FLorida/Bahamas?

thx

Try bluewater supermap on Florida-offshore.com

7. Time2Fish

Time2Fish Junior member

The only problems with those listed above are (1) more often than not you have a bunch of cloud cover. (2) they dont show contour lines of your sea floor, so its hard to pinpoint where the drastic temperature change is, in accordance to good fishing structure. And (3) they dont have chlorophyll charts showing plankton concentrations/sea color. Terrafin.com is a great site offering all this and more for $99.

8. luna sea II

luna sea II Banned

i use the free Rutgers University site.