360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be advised that I got hit by the sysFADER virus this morning. Bad enough, but worse when I have a fully functional Norton Virus software in place and running!

I just threw it away and loaded the AVG free which I am told is much better and am trying to see how bad I was hurt.

If this saves one of you the headache, I will.

·
418 Posts
I have been putting avast free and Microsoft security essentails. Both are free. Get rid of avg

But then again what do I know.....oh that's right I do this for a living

·
1,631 Posts
Ahhhh so glad I run linux! Sorry to hear about the virus, but AVG free isn't much better than what you had.

·
724 Posts
I run Avast and Spybot. They work together and my computer runs much more trouble free than it ever did with McAffee or Norton. I pay for the Avast and Spybot is free.

·
1,703 Posts
Also download Malwarebtyes from Malwarebytes.org and run it once a week. There some of the newer antivirus malware programs (very nasty) that cannot be erradicated by anything but Malwarebytes. Its free. It's saved my butt several times.

·
418 Posts
Also download Malwarebtyes from Malwarebytes.org and run it once a week. There some of the newer antivirus malware programs (very nasty) that cannot be erradicated by anything but Malwarebytes. Its free. It's saved my butt several times.

Agreed. It has made me look good several times.

·
Wannabe Tuna Fisherman
1,814 Posts
Jeesh, what kind of websites are you guys looking at? hahaha
I used McAfee for years until the Microsoft free stuff came out. I haven't... nope not going to jinx myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts