Wahoo recipe

Discussion in 'Food and Recipe' started by Minnow, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Friend of mine email me this recipe for grill Wahoo and it's the best grill Wahoo I ever had.

Thanks to McGolfer, Bellyup, Grescobia and Brian for the Wahoo steak.

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup butter, melted
    * 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    * 6 fresh garlic cloves
    * 1/3 cup fresh cilantro or parsley
    * 2 tablespoons Cajun seafood seasoning
    * 1 lemon, juice of
    * 6 wahoo fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
    * lemon wedge (to garnish)

Directions

Spray grill with nonstick spray or brush with veggie oil to prevent sticking. Preheat on high for about 10 minutes.

Mix first six ingredients in a blender. Puree into a smooth sauce.

When ready to cook, brush both sides of fillets with sauce. Place fillets on grill and cook, turning once or twice. Brush more sauce as needed.

Fish is done when it flakes easily (about 5 minutes). Serve with lemon wedges.

2. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Thanks TJ, that sounds awesome and I will try it this week. :)

3. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Here's another one I am going to try

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Get 4 Mangos
    2 kiwi's
    1 banana
    1 large Red Onion
    1 yellow bell pepper
    some fresh sweet Basil

Peel and dice fruit,peppers and onion into small peices. Put the peeled mixture in a frying pan with butter and cook untill soft. While this is cooking get Wahoo steaks and put olive oil on one dise. Place oiled side on a hot grill, cook until this side is nice and brown. Do not flip the fish on the other side,take it off placing the grilled side down in a glass oven safe dish. Then spoon on the the salsa fron the pan over the uncooked steak top it with the chopped Basil and place in a 350 degree over for 15 to 20 minutes. Trust me its out of this world . Serve with long grain rice and a salad and the wife won't believe her eyes. This is what it looks like

Wahoo also makes the best seviche, IMO

4. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

wahoo anyway is good. my personal favorite for grillin.

5. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

yeah wahoo is incredible anyway you do it but i gotta give that a try :) thanks TJ et al

6. Formula4Fish

Formula4Fish Senior Member

Friend of mine email me this recipe for grill Wahoo and it's the best grill Wahoo I ever had.

Thanks to McGolfer, Bellyup, Grescobia and Brian for the Wahoo steak.

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup butter, melted
    * 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    * 6 fresh garlic cloves
    * 1/3 cup fresh cilantro or parsley
    * 2 tablespoons Cajun seafood seasoning
    * 1 lemon, juice of
    * 6 wahoo fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
    * lemon wedge (to garnish)

Directions

Spray grill with nonstick spray or brush with veggie oil to prevent sticking. Preheat on high for about 10 minutes.

Mix first six ingredients in a blender. Puree into a smooth sauce.

When ready to cook, brush both sides of fillets with sauce. Place fillets on grill and cook, turning once or twice. Brush more sauce as needed.

Fish is done when it flakes easily (about 5 minutes). Serve with lemon wedges.

Minnow,

That's pretty much the same recipe I use on Yellowfin, and it's outstanding!

The only difference is I skip the cilantro and use Lawrey's Seasoned Salt instead of Cajun.

Darn nice mess of Wahoo you guys :D

Dick

7. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Cool, I will try it with Yellowfin.

Have any of you try shear instead of grill with this sauce?

8. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Tj, I have pan seared some hoo with this recipe. its good.. save some of the puree to drizzle over the fish when its done..

9. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

The only difference is I skip the cilantro and use Lawrey's Seasoned Salt instead of Cajun.

Here is an easy one:

sprinkle buttons with lowreys, then coat with mayo and let sit for 30 minutes. Put them on the grill and the mayo cooks away. I may have to use some of these other spices mentioned above, but mayo works great on all mack type fish.