Wahoo and A.J.'s

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Super Strike, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Super Strike

Super Strike Member

Where to start with the offshore fishing so far this year. The fishing has been a little different to say the least. Where the fish normally would be this time of the year, they aren't. The huge Yellow fin tuna that we are so use to having in our area made their last appearance in January, but that is not to say they won't be here. Luckily, we have been able to make up for the Tuna bite with other species such as wahoo and amberjack. The wahoo this time of the year are big, so if you want to hear a reel make noises that you didn't think it could make, you should check it out. The weather has been about as cooperative as you can get for Feb.-now moving in to March, so we have been fishing a lot. We still have some open days in March. Not many though. The fishing I am sure will remain about the same except we should start to have a lot more tuna added to our catch. Only time will tell for sure on that.
    Capt. Damon McKnight
    Super Strike Charters
    800 318 1720
    Venice Louisiana Fishing - Call us today to book your charter! (800) 318-1720

Attached Files:

• 461.jpg
      461.jpg
      File size:
      63.9 KB
      Views:
    • 462.jpg
      462.jpg
      File size:
      66.6 KB
      Views:
    • 463.jpg
      463.jpg
      File size:
      73.2 KB
      Views:
  2. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

nice 'hoos - have you gotten any ling?

3. jasontouchet

jasontouchet Guest

me and a couple of friends of mine went out of cocodrie this past weekend and loaded the boat with cobia (ling/lemon fish). we tried to make it to MC397 but it was TOO rough! we tried a grouper digging but still too rough to hold the boat in position to do any good. 12 cobia is all we could drum up.

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

not a bad day - i def wouldnt mind that!

5. Angler Systems

Angler Systems Senior Member

Those are some sweet hoo's congrat's.