VIDEO~ Marlin A-SALT WEAPONS

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Armbreaker Custom Rods, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Armbreaker Custom Rods

Armbreaker Custom Rods Site Sponsor

2. saqa

saqa Jonny TooBad

Very nice presentation. I havent been a fan of marbeling untill now. You have used it to capture the water theme perfectly and the marlin decal looks like its about to swim out of it. Very well executed and finished. Well done mate

3. Armbreaker Custom Rods

Thank you very much Saga! I have noticed your exceptional work as well,just watch out for those killer grapes my friend.
    I see your working on setting up a rod for the red reel,and I want to show you this red marble finished rod...I think you will really enjoy this video also.
    Its my favorite song and has become my new favorite and I listen to it every morning with my coffee now.
    Keep up the great work Saga and I look forward to seeing your finished product.
    Dave
    YouTube - RED Marbled Super Seeker All Roller Big Game Fishing Rod
    P.S.~ make sure you full screen this video and CRANK IT up!

4. saqa

saqa Jonny TooBad

Nice one. I have seen many examples of marbeling but your work hits the spot. The three things that I notice straight away is level epoxy, no big buildups and working in what looks to me as the more difficult across the rod instead of easier lengthwise spreads. I think this is what makes your work look natural

Nice song, who is it, sounds like Oz rock from the good days

5. greenguy

greenguy Member

now i like this rod verry verry cool man

6. greenguy

greenguy Member

may i ask why u use the leather for grips all the time?????? r they better to hold onto

7. Armbreaker Custom Rods

may i ask why u use the leather for grips all the time?????? r they better to hold onto

I dont,but you really can't beat it any way you look at it in my opinion.
    If you take some time on my site,you'll see a wide varity of grips/handles and I am always looking for new material and ideas..I for one can't stand plain handles when I build,it just doesnt finish the rod off properly..so much more potential there to just leave behind.
    It takes alot longer to finish the rod,but the rewards are that much greater.
    But with that all said, bottom line is it's usually whatever my clients like and want,unless they unleash me,tell me to suprise them,then look out,who knows what idea's come into mind as the build progresses..you'll catch yourself always modifying,adding...but remember,too much isn't always best,,there's a real fine line you will find you'll need to hold up at,and move on.