Venting Tool for Snaps & Grouper

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by MrBill, Jul 11, 2008.

1. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

A couple of weeks I saw this venting tool on a boat. I thought it was very nice and asked where they bought it. I've always used a syringe. The big problem with a syringe is storing it and not loosing the cap.

This tool is really nice. It folds back into itself and snaps shut in a nylon housing. The screws and needle appear to be stainless. It's small measuring around 3 inches in length and comes with a Velcro sheath. The needle is very strong around 1/8" in diameter. I bought them at Port A Outfitters in Port A. I bought all six they had in stock. They told me more were arriving very soon. If you can't find it locally, go to Ohero Fishing. I paid $11.99 each.

You have to have one on board or you will pay a heafty fine. The game wardens are checking boats inside the jetties that are comming in from offshore. You also need to have a de-hooking device. I showed the game warden a pair of my trusty old "Hook outs". He said it was acceptable. My pics arent' the best as I need to replace a POS digital camera.

Here's a link to the tool. Ohero Fishing - Vent For Life, Fish Venting Tool

Attached Files:

2. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Attached Files:

3. xs_tackle

xs_tackle Senior Member

Is my trusty ice pick too lo/retro-tech?

4. venicenporta

venicenporta Guest

Thzat snapper bs has gotten past rediculous. They mismanage the stocks and the recs pay the price. This horse is dead and terribly abused i know, but stop complaining and switch to something else until they overregulate it as well. I did 3 commercial seasons out of captain elliots in freeport as well as worrking at deep sea headquarters for years as a mate and osprey in sp as well, I never want to see a red snapper again. They are the easiest thing to catch in the region besides hardheads and sand trout. Forget about snapper and try mangroves or freakin tuna. Go out on a limb and catch a ling...If your balls are big enough, work on a blue, or chase whitey. They are there and much more interesting. Btw, Port A was previously Tarpon, Tx for a reason, and they are coming back!

Mike

5. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

I want a snapper saver with a picture of a hot babe that talks, similar to the talking beer openers. In fact, that is a good idea--a snapper vent tool at one end, and the other end is a bottle opener. There are many phrases it could say, the more the better. Phrases, such as, ..."ooh, stick it to me", "save my snapper", etc

6. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

they have em at roys too, i got one, ready to test it out tomorrow if the dolphin wahoo dont cooperate!!

7. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Roy's has that folding snapper tool.

8. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

Thzat snapper bs has gotten past rediculous. They mismanage the stocks and the recs pay the price. This horse is dead and terribly abused i know, but stop complaining and switch to something else until they overregulate it as well. I did 3 commercial seasons out of captain elliots in freeport as well as worrking at deep sea headquarters for years as a mate and osprey in sp as well, I never want to see a red snapper again. They are the easiest thing to catch in the region besides hardheads and sand trout. Forget about snapper and try mangroves or freakin tuna. Go out on a limb and catch a ling...If your balls are big enough, work on a blue, or chase whitey. They are there and much more interesting. Btw, Port A was previously Tarpon, Tx for a reason, and they are coming back!

Mike
    ok

9. workin

workin Member

I want a snapper saver with a picture of a hot babe that talks, similar to the talking beer openers. In fact, that is a good idea--a snapper vent tool at one end, and the other end is a bottle opener. There are many phrases it could say, the more the better. Phrases, such as, ..."ooh, stick it to me", "save my snapper", etc

Hey,

I'll see if your old lady will spring for a custom version for a X-mas present.....

F

10. Dangver

Dangver Guest

Anyone tried the Ventafish or the other green looking tool yet?