Venice

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Capt. Jerry Allen, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Capt. Jerry Allen

Capt. Jerry Allen Member

Just finished an eight day stretch and what a great stretch it was!! I have never seen so many Marlin. We were seeing three or four a day. Most of the time they were knocking chicken's into the air, but sometimes they were just free jumping. We wound up with one really nice Blue and two Whites. WE had another Blue that was a long distance release as the leader parted at the crimp? (it wasn't my lure)

The Tuna bite was a little tough, but was happening very early in the morning so we decided to leave the dock at 4:00 AM in order to be at the spot for the AM bite. It paid off every morning with two to three nice Yellowfin, but as soon as the Tuna acted like they were finished we took off to the rip because it had been ROCKING!!! Lots of Marlin, Wahoo, and Dolphin.
    Everyday we were rewarded with 10-12 Dolphin and 3-8 Wahoo.

THe best day had to be with the guys from Virginia. At 12:15PM we were heading FOR THE DOCK with 3 Yellowfin(all about 100lb), 8 Dolphin, two Wahoo and the biggest Blue I have ever been a part of. GOTTA LOVE VENICE!!!! I don't know anywhere else in the world you can do that!!

If you want to book a trip on the Poco Loco just call Capt Jerry @ 409-651-0765 orv check out our web site Poco Loco Charters - Blue Water fishing with specialty being YellowFin Tuna

Attached Files:

2. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

4th pic looks more like a bigeye - did you check the liver?

3. Capt. Jerry Allen

Capt. Jerry Allen Member

Nope. Just put the fish in the ice hole and kept fishing.