Venice -Summertime Variety

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by captain william wall, Jun 17, 2009.

1. captain william wall

captain william wall Site Sponsor

Good morning. It's been awhile since my last post as I have been in Venice for a little over two weeks. The fishing right now is as hot as the weather! For the last week or so I have been concentrating on current lines and or rips that have been formed by the high river and the catches have been solid. There is a serious amount of large bulls right now to be had. I have been keeping two pitch rods handy while trolling because there is always one that wants to be sneaky. Pitch a rigged ballyhoo to him and it's game on. The tuna fishing has been solid at the floaters and with live bait becoming easier to catch so have the yellowfin. Chunking with red meat has also been working when the bait is not there. Something that has been really cool is the numbers of marlin in the area. We have had days when we have seen up to five or so. Mostly crashing dolphin and rainbow runners. I pulled the hooks on five in the last week but connected Monday with a large hardtail and 11/0 Frenzy circle hook intended for him. This fish was about 200lbs but put on quite a show. Again, right now is the time to catch a blue if you are willing to put in a little time. The snapper fishing remains silly with limits in short time. I have several spots available in July and August left, so give me a call to book your next trip in Venice.

Captain William Wall
    Pelagic Charters
    F/V ALL IN

Attached Files:

2. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Great catches and report!