venice report

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by captain william wall, Oct 7, 2008.

1. captain william wall

captain william wall Site Sponsor

fished friday out of Venice with high expectations of good fishing. The weather was great, seas were great
    but the tuna were not playing nice. As a matter of fact the bait was biting better than the tuna! Made about 50 baits in 15 minutes and arrived at my spot a short while later. Saw one good fish bust and it took about 10 minutes and we boated a 70lb. fish. After that we caught one more barely legal yellowfin, add eight or so big blacks and it was lights out. Zip, Zero, Nada. After that I took tour of the northern gulf to find only blackfin. Rolled in scratching my head. Alot of tuna were
    brought in, just not where i was! Oh, well, was great to be on the water on such a nice day. On the way out I passed seven pods of whales which was pretty cool. Seemed they were all traveling in one direction. The weather looks like it will straighten out in the next few days. I have a few days open this week if you would like to go gimme a ring.
    Captain william wall
    Pelagic Charters

Attached Files:

2. Tunahunter

Tunahunter Guest

Nice report Capt.