Venice Overnight

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by rparham82, Sep 21, 2009.

1. rparham82

rparham82 Member

Never posted a report on any of my trips but I figured you guys would enjoy this one. Pulled out of Venice marina on my buddies 31 contender Sat. morning about 10 am and returned Sun. morning about 9 am. Tally was 15 yellow fin(I'm standing in front of one in the picture so it looks like 14), 1 sailfish release, a few blackfin, and a couple grouper. The yellows were chewing pretty good. Caught on about everything, chunks, jigs, poppers, and live bait.

Attached Files:

2. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

nice fish.
    thanks for the report.

3. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Keep the reports coming. Nice Catch. Bet you guys had a blast.

4. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I think that load will just about fill the fishbox on a 31 Contender. Good trip.

Fred

5. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

13 days and counting until I'm headed out the pass there. Woot. Can't wait and thanks for the post.

6. rparham82

rparham82 Member

I think that load will just about fill the fishbox on a 31 Contender. Good trip.

Fred

You nailed it man. We actually broke the hinge on the lid to the main fish box it was so crammed full.

7. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

great trip. at least the tuna are still around la.

8. jruff

jruff Junior member

where were ya'll? Did ya'll catch them at night? I was at mars saturday night and there was no yellowfin action until sunday morning. We caught 6 between 60 and 100 lbs by 9am on live bait.

9. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

we were at Nakika Saturday evening and the yf turned on around midnight. all on live hardtails. blackfin on every drop on the jigs. lots of topwater action that was just out of my reach. no popping rod!!!! we thought of heading to mars from elf but we decided to go more east as we had to get into biloxi. nice pics!!!