Venice on thanksgiving weekend, anybody?

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by lite-liner, Sep 25, 2008.

1. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Ok, Here's the deal. Got w/ Keith (piepuncher) and we are taking our boats
    down the friday after t/g to fish Sat, Sun, come home Mon.
    I've got Rich Tran confirmed already, so I need 2 more experienced anglers, preferably one that can use a gaff effectively if I'm hooked up. bring your own gear, limited to 3 rigs per angler
    1- chunk/troll
    1-popper
    1- jigger

cost split will be for fuel down/back, boat gas, food, & lodging. this should not be more than $1250-1300 total, split 4 ways.
    My boat is a 22' Hydra-sports deep-V cc w/ T-top,VHF and good color electronics/gps. fully insured, w/ all necessary safety equip on board.

Storage space is minimal, so if you're interested, be ready to condense
    gear to make space for fish. If anybody has a 160-200q Ice chest they can lend me, that'd be great, too

contact me here, or email: [email protected]
    or email: [email protected]
    or call: 972-567-1563

thanks & tight lines
    -Brian Nesbit

*SIDE NOTE* Keith already has his crew filled(I think), but there is the possibility of another 25' Triton walkaround going down w/ us, and he might need a crew as well, so dont be bashful, boys!

2. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Something is going to die by Cubera popper. LOL

3. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

i would love to go. let me check my books(wife)

4. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

i would love to go but i can't limit myself to only 3 rigs....beside a 22 ft boat won't hold my tackle let alone my fishing rods and reels....rick

5. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Pm sent,

d-a

6. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I'm taking 3 outfits, few poppers and jigs...and some leader. I don't think anything will spool what I am taking.

7. JerseyBrian

JerseyBrian Senior Member

Something is going to die by Cubera popper. LOL
    LMFAO

8. d-a

d-a Senior Member

i would love to go but i can't limit myself to only 3 rigs....beside a 22 ft boat won't hold my tackle let alone my fishing rods and reels....rick

Rick, how did you boat do after IKE?

d-a

9. lite-liner

Rick there's room.... You supply all the tackle and we'll just tag along behind in a dinghy!:D
    -B

10. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

Rick, how did you boat do after IKE?

d-a

it was pulled inland and did just fine....rick

11. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

brian
    how far offshore are you guys planning to run? are you targeting yellowfins? what is the range of the boat? i can fish 3 rigs and a small amount of tackle if i have to. i am truly interested in going....rick

12. d-a

d-a Senior Member

it was pulled inland and did just fine....rick

Thats good to hear.

d-a

13. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Brian

Did you get my PM?

d-a

14. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

I think the odds of getting good weather that weekend isn't very good. 2 out of the last three years there have been as many fishable days in nov as fingers on your hand. Good luck. I would watch the weather. A 22 ft boat isn't very fun in 5 fters. Make sure to tag along with eddie or someone else and mark your gps every 100 yards in the river. Fog can be a *****. Wingdams also

Good luck and watch out for those swamp women

15. margarita mojo

margarita mojo Senior Member

Hey Brian,

I am interested. I will check my work schedule. Will let ya know.

Joe

16. lite-liner

Rick- I plan on going out to the 17-mile rig & work our way around & back in
    I'm a little concerned about the passes, but I know I'll be in good Company.
    as far as mileage, the boats runs right @ 2.2-2.5 mpg w/ 4 men & gear.
    85 tank. by the time of the trip, I'll be able to troll a 4-rig spread.
    Of Course we're going for the yellows! but I might degrade myself with a couple AJ's or a mahi if I can!

D-A- got your pm, need to discuss w/ other guys if they can absorb the
    diff. in fuel cost down there. I will also be discussing the trip w/ another boater this weekend so i may be looking to build 2 crews.

Jared- you make a good point, but w/ the wacky weather in the gulf all year,
    who knows? I will definately be watching the reports & talking to Eddie a lot
    don't even want to be in 3-4's, but the boat has already proven itself in 8's
    w/ the previous owner. the 1 photo I have of it came w/ the boat and it's enough to make you sick!

17. lite-liner

Update: got most of a crew formed...
    1.) Brian Nesbit (lite-liner)- Duh!
    2.) Rich Tran (PurEvl)-Confirmed
    3.) Joe Livingston (Margarita Mojo)-Confirmed
    4.) Ryan Dennehy (Ryno)- Tentative

still need a couple standby's just in case.
    Reservation for 1 cabin/2-nights is confirmed @ Venice Marina
    Joe sez we can pull the boat w/ his diesel ford crew-cab, so fuel might be cheaper, now. thanks, Joe!
    Man I can already smell the Sashimi.........
    -B

18. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Damn Brian! Bump it up a few days and I am in. I would have to come home Sunday. I have the whole week off!

19. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

If seas are not over five and winds are not ripping, I will be in. I have one maybe two spots open. My boat has tons of walk around room. 100 gallon fuel tank. Pope, if you can make it until monday, you are welcome. I have 24 rod holders, so you are welcome to bring what you need. As of now things look good for me. I am selling motorcycle to help pay to get truck fixed. High pressure oil pump went out. sucks.

20. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

by the way, hello everyone!!!!!!! Its been a while. Talk to brian fairly often but havent seen the rest of you in a while