Venice Offshore

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by captain william wall, Sep 11, 2009.

1. captain william wall

captain william wall Site Sponsor

With football season here and the early teal season starting Saturday, fall is right around the corner for sure. The river level is low and the water is green and pretty in the Venice area. Offshore right now is killer with a variety of fish to be taken. The tuna fishing is excellent right now and you don't have to go far to get them with most fish being in the 50-80lb class. The airshows some days have been way cool. The cobia fishing in the last week has really been good with most fish in the 30-40lb class. I did have a monster follow up a hooked fish last tuesday that was 70lb plus with a head like a five gallon bucket! There have been some very nice color changes in close with a few bull dolphin and marlin caught as of last weekend. Tarpon are thick right now off the passes and big. The local tarpon fleet has been catching them up to 200lbs. The big tuna aren't far away. The next full moon in October should be the ticket for the big nasties. Another treat coming up soon is the trout run in the river. Once the river starts cooling down in October the trout fishing will be as stupid as it gets with limits the norm. I fished them last year in the big boat and everyone enjoyed it. I have some open spots left in Oct. and Nov. Give me a call to book your next trip.

Captain William Wall
    Pelagic Charters
    F/V ALL IN

Attached Files:

2. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

very nice triple tail catch!!!!!!!

3. WSchorp

WSchorp Junior member

Good job on the tripple tail.
    WS

4. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

that a nice catch!
    22 triple tail fillets!

5. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Man, awesome triple tails!!! IMO, that rivals grouper as the best tasting fish in the GOM!