Venice, LA- Capt Eddie Burger (Oct 12th,2007)

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by SkeeterRonnie, Jul 6, 2007.

1. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

This is a trip scheduled with Capt Eddie Burger for offshore tuna fishing. The trip is penciled in for October 12th, leaving at noon. It is a 24 hour trip, but realistically we will fill the fish boxes early. The boat will be the new boat that Capt Eddie will be using by that time. Capt Eddie has gear for our use as well. ( i have heard he makes you fight the first fish without a plate though)... LOL

Capt Eddie did say we can catch and release on chunk lines, but not on lures due to everyones safety. This trip is a couple days past the new moon phase- topwater action should be fantastic!! I have always heard the new moon in October is the best time of the year to fish.... The opportunity to break the triple digit mark is greatly increased.

SO far I have:

Liteliner (Brian)-chartermaster- $400 PAID
    Tony Nguyen(tngbmt) - $400 PAID
    Danny Dixon(catfishD)---$400 Paid
    Joe Livingston(margarita Mojo)-$400
    Greg ? (TFF'er)--09/01 : sending it--
    Ben ? (Danny's friend)--pay at the dock-

~ need the money by October 1st. You back out after due date/money in hand, its YOUR responsibility to sell/fill your spot. We have it set so that if need be, we can go out on saturday if there is bad weather. Bad weather will result in a full refund if we cant make it out.

Stay at the cabins in Venice Marina. Capt Eddie launches there, so we will all be there and ready to go. the cost will be ~$25 per person/night. Thursday, friday, and saturday night will be needed. There is a full kitchen in the cabins. There is also a bar/grill overlooking the docks to hang out at!!!:D ALso a "captains party" going on at this time.. should be a fun place...:D

~~The offshore license is $7.00 with capt eddie's guide number. it gets called in, along with Capt Ed's charter number.

2. SkeeterRonnie

Just confirmed reservations for the cabin. OCtober 11-13th(3 nights). total will be $75 per person.($25 a night for 6 people)

I am sure I can come up with some steaks and fajitas for everyone to eat.... :)

3. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Hey Ronnie. just got off the horn w/ Matt (spoogey)
    he says he's in, if you've got room
    -Brian

4. SkeeterRonnie

If he's 100% sure... no problem... I will put him down on the list!

5. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

How many people are you trying to put on the boat? I may be interested, but would rather pay for a boat for myself and maybe one other. I'm not into a packed boat. I'm leaving for Port A in a few minutes and will try to find another person to go with me on another boat. I'm not sure if I will spend the night in Port A, but will give you an answer by Sunday. Health issues with relatives are keeping me from making any hard commitments at this time. Every time I send in some money for a trip, I can't make it. Bad string of luck.

6. SkeeterRonnie

6 of us on the 34' Contender... should be plenty of room. Sounds llike you might need a fun little trip by that time. These guys are all great friends among fishermen.

7. lite-liner

Tackle ho question:
    How many rigs per guy ?
    is 3 ok?
    -Brian

8. SkeeterRonnie

I am sure.. bring em= we will have the cabin to lock them up in just in case.. and the cabin is at the marina.. so a few steps to Capt Eddie's ship!

DO yall mind if I tell Capt eddie to open her up in the canals to see how fast we can get her??? LOL!! I love running my skeeter in rivers only twice as wide at 60 mph!!! SWEEET! Its like a slalom course with no room for errors!! Hickory Creek on Lewisville for example... LOL!!

I will only have my spinning rig- cause its the only one I own now... LOL!!! I will use boat rig for chunking. With a new moon- I have a feeling we are gonna get our arms ripped out of thier sockets!! LOL!

9. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

Skeeter: When you say "34 foot Contender" are you talking about a new boat? I had understood his current Contender is a 36--not to nit-pick.

Russ

10. SkeeterRonnie

he said he will be getting a 34' Contender by then and gas consumption would be less. so any overage will be refunded to the people on this trip.

11. lite-liner

If I finally get my 100+, I'm gettin a tatoo!
    ck'd some reports from oct. of last year over on BD...
    can we get into the swordie action?
    I can only DREAM of boating a broadbill!
    maybe 2-8's early for tuna, late for swords
    I don't know, my mind is racing on this deal
    I finally get a shot @ venice! woohoo
    or should I say WAHOO!
    ordering my OTI spinner tonite!
    -Brian

12. SkeeterRonnie

i told Capt Eddie we are gonna leave it up to him on what to fish for, and what time. He will know, he is the guide. I asked if we could target more than just tuna, and he said whatever is biting we can catch. I dont know if 5 other people want to sit around waiting for a sword to strike when 150# tuna will be airborne chasing flyers..... LOL!! I would rather keep this a tuna,dolphin,??Whatever else fast action we can get into. BUT_ you never know what will be the hot topic at that time...only time will tell.

13. catfishd

catfishd Junior member

Hey guys thanks for the letting me tag along on this. I have been wanting to tackle the Lump now for sometime. Might be a little early for the Big Yellows but as long as there is action I am happy.

14. SkeeterRonnie

the way it sounds, is that ALL the larger YFT have been out of Venice lately. Hopefully there are still some there on our trip..

15. lite-liner

Sweet! Good to get you on board Danny!
    this trip is gonna be awesome!
    I'm definately bringin a lite rig for the Dodo's
    -Brian

16. SkeeterRonnie

see the added note in the original body. I have been denied vacation. I get 3 days for this year... LMAO!! thats used on family vacation to Cancun, minus 2 days I have to pay a temp to work for me....

17. bighead

bighead Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Ronnie, I know you really wanted to get out with Capt. Eddie. If your group wants to join up with us on the GEM that would be really great. The cost is more but there is lots of fishing time. Also, if we can get a group of 12 instead of 10 the cost would only be 1050 per TOO. Bert

18. lite-liner

Well, let's see if we can save this trip.
    Bert, if I could afford the additional $$,
    I would jump ship & get on your trip, but this
    is really my only option for a big tuna this year, so I'm gonna try to make it happen.
    I just learned that Matt is off the trip, so
    we have 3 spots available
    Who wants in?????
    -Brian

19. SkeeterRonnie

Brian- you may try Gratton Williams, and Walleye from the TFF.

20. lite-liner

Well, looks like Tony Nguyen is in, tentatively.
    brings us down to 3
    C'mon people........
    -Brian

21. catfishd

catfishd Junior member

My friend Greg is in dont forget to add him Brian. I will work on Keith but I dont know if he could make it he is old lady is starting a new job.