360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our group gathered in venice by plane, train and truck from all corners on the USA. We fish together several times a year. We chatered with Paradise Outfitters of Louisianna with Capt Hunter Caballero for three days of Tuna/Wahoo fishing. On the 26th we had the good fortune of hooking up a Blue Marlin, and Scott Butler managed to bring it boat side for a clean release after a two hour stand-up fight. Great boat work by Hunter with signals from Woody his deck hand. This was the first Blue Marlin caught in Venice for 2010. Scott's wife Margie boated the largest YFT of the day, 100#+. Great day for the Butler's. We added another YFT off of a jig, a 6 person limit of large AJ'S and very nice Scamps. Wed, 27th we got well offshore again and managed to put 6 YFT in the box along with another limit of AJ'S and scamp. The Tuna bite was slow at best. We jigged all of the fish. Thur, 28th we could not get to far offshore with the Gulf kicking up, so we hit the rigs for more jigging action. We boxed 3 GAG'S (35#+) numerous Scamp's and another limit of large AJ'S. Jigging was hot all three days with four hooked up a number of times. Capt Caballero's boat a 32'CC. Twin Vee is a fantastic fishing platform with a dry, stable ride in not so good conditions. If you are interested in Tuna fishing and jigging, experienced or not, Capt Hunter Caballero is your guy. I will post photos and Blue Marlin video later.

·
528 Posts
I saw your Capt on Fishing With Roland Martin last year. He looked like he knew his chit. His rig looked bad @$$ as well. Twin F350's right?

I still have the show saved on my DVR from Jan. 09. They caught three YFT over 150#, and a ton of blackfin on jigs, plugs, bucktails etc. At the end of the show, while they are kneeling on the deck of the boat, talking with the capt and telling why and when you should come down to fish, there a what looks like blackfin sky rocketing in the background. Great show.

Correct me if Im wrong, but Capt Hunter is young- right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw your Capt on Fishing With Roland Martin last year. He looked like he knew his chit. His rig looked bad @$$ as well. Twin F350's right?

I still have the show saved on my DVR from Jan. 09. They caught three YFT over 150#, and a ton of blackfin on jigs, plugs, bucktails etc. At the end of the show, while they are kneeling on the deck of the boat, talking with the capt and telling why and when you should come down to fish, there a what looks like blackfin sky rocketing in the background. Great show.

Correct me if Im wrong, but Capt Hunter is young- right?

Hunter turned 26 on the 25th of Jan. We celebrated his birthday with the Blue Marlin. He may be young but he learned his trade from Capt Bill Delabar who now launches out of Panama. Capt Caballero is agressive and gives his customers every chance to get on fish. He changed the 350's out to two new yamaha 250's. It is still very fast, and a great fishing platform.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts