Venice Jan 4 and 5th

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by jaredchasteen, Dec 20, 2007.

1. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

I just wanted to get a thread started so we can communicate better for the upcoming trip. I was just wondering what everyone was bringing.

Lite-liner we should hook up friday night and get together. I will be staying at Paradise outfitters cabin with fred and my crew.

There might even be an open spot if any of you guys are interested, pm me and i will fill you in.

Grescobia, give me a call i cant reach you on your cell.

Should be agood trip if the weather holds. we have me, bret, gres, safisher, argo, gimmedeal, and a few others going as well. That friday there will be three boats from us and sat will have an added on with brian/liteliner.

2. jaredchasteen

lets get a few of these

[​IMG]

3. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Jared, I have been emailing with Safisher and Gimmedeal.. Sounds like they are bringing the wok and all of the fixins for that.. and the wine..(Safisher)
    I will be bringing venison sausage and jerky, along with some venison steaks and breakfast fixins.. Do you know if there is a barbcue pit at the camphouse?? if so.. we'll bring some charcoal and some mesquite..

Jan 4-5 will be here before you know it... Cant wait.. oh yeah... we need some group prayer for the weather window.. !!

5. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Bret, According to Scott Avanzino, the lodge was just recently finished. It's supposed to have seafood boilers, charcoal and gas grill. I'll bring fuel, a cooking base and the big wok. We ought to be pretty set for cookin.
    Oh yeah, according to rodnreel.com the wahoo are just makin it to the Lump. One guide got one just shy of 90 and one just over 90 in the last couple of days. Eddie said he'll be checkin it for action this week.

Fred

6. gman

gman Senior Member

i thought you guys were going on january 8th

7. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Gman, we are scheduled to fish the 4th & 5th. We are giving ourselves a little leeway in case we get blown out, we might be able to fish on the 6th..
    We have an extra slot.. So come on down if you want.. We'll be driving through new orleans thursday afternoon.. and could pick you up at the airport....

Fred thanks for the info..

8. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Ha! this is gonna be Excellent! I really want a milestone fish this time.
    I've got 2 cabins from the Marina. prob. gonna get there around 5-6pm
    if last time was any indication.

9. Argo

Argo Senior Member

dont worry guys, I am gonna catch the big ones again this year for everyone again. :)

I will bring some meat product like fajitas or steak or something of that sort..... thursday night is my birthday so plan on having some beer that night. I think my boat is Beau, Jose, Nick and Me......I might bring Matthew(my 8 year old) with me too, he likes to hang out on the boat and with the guys......

10. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

Steve Johs and I are riding down with Fred. We would like to bring a slab of Filet Mignon and corn on the cob for one of our dinner meals. If all the dinners are already planned, we'll take care of all sandwichs needed for the two offshore trips.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and spending a couple of days on the water. I've asked Santa to bring me a 150+ YFT...and I've been good most of the year :)

Louis Lugo

11. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

Bret, According to Scott Avanzino, the lodge was just recently finished. Fred

Make sure to congratulate Capt Avanzino on his daughter's record book catch for her age group!

I saw the article/pic write up in Saltwater Sportsman magazine.

12. jaredchasteen

I dont think there will be a problem with you bringing some filet for dinner. i am looking forward to the trip only a few weeks now, cmon weather gods.

Argo you in charge of the calcutta?

13. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Argo you in charge of the calcutta?

I was just about to post something up about that.. Biggest tuna and biggest hoo categories???? $20 per person?????

14. Argo

Argo Senior Member

biggest fish, wahoo and tuna included in the same pot.....I dont mind having two seperate pots, that is up to the majority.......$20 is good for me.

I will collect on thursday night......I got jipped last year .....I got the biggest fish and got shafted because there was no collection the night before....whoever puts in the pot is in the calcutta, whoever isnt paid into it is not in it.......

15. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I'm setting on go. Rods and reels ready. Ron at BarBar said he's gonna ship my acid wrapped jigger on a Super Seeker blank this week. Spinner will be tried and true 7' OTI with the Stella 1600. Knifes are sharp, ice chests empty, and I can wait but I can't hardly. Weather get right for two days of fishing this year.
    Argo, you WERE the fisherman last year. Those wahoo the first day were the best I've personally seen. However, this year's gonna be better. See ya soon.
    No game but the A game.

Fred

16. CaptEddie

CaptEddie Site Sponsor

I did fish the lump on wednesday but just got bonito, kings, and sharks.

17. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Thanx for the update Eddie. That's not too encouraging but that's 17 days prior to our fishing sooo, we won't sweat the early check too much. Water's getting colder and expectations are high.

Fred

18. Bret

Bret Senior Member

I did fish the lump on wednesday but just got bonito, kings, and sharks.

Thanks CaptEddie.. has anyone been out after Christmas??? Looks like yall have had a couple of days of fishable seas...

Lets all hope that this front gets through and calms down before next friday...

Counting down the days!! ...................................................................................................................................................................................................

19. jaredchasteen

what time is everyone arriving? me and Bret will try to depart dfw around 530 or 6 on thurs.

20. Argo

Argo Senior Member

thursday evening around 6ish....