Venice Jan 15.16

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by jaredchasteen, Jan 4, 2009.

1. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

I have one spot open for the annual trip to the lump. We will be fishing with Capt. Mike Ellis on his 33 freeman. The plan is to fish the lump both days but we have a backup plan of wahoo/grouper. I have lodging reserved already. The fishing will be done on thurs and friday so there will be less pressure. Lets get the big ones.

2. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

i might be interested on the monday. ill get my deals together and pm you if its a go.

Andrew

3. Bret

Bret Senior Member

yeah, let us know. looking forward to fishing on that freeman 33. That boat is very roomy.. The crew will consist of Jared, me, and Gimmedeal.. The hoos have started showing in numbers.. and the tuna have just made a showing at the lump.. we just need the weather window.

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

yeah i really wish i could make it to fish with you guys :(

5. jaredchasteen

I heard from grescobia this morning, they did well in venice this past weekend. I am stoked someone jump on this, as we need another guy so we can have 4 on the boat. I dont want to have to post on another site.....

6. Bret

Bret Senior Member

I heard from grescobia this morning, they did well in venice this past weekend. I am stoked someone jump on this, as we need another guy so we can have 4 on the boat. I dont want to have to post on another site.....

Yeah, did you see the hoo that Bellyup caught?? Capt Ellis said he weighed in one on sunday that went 92lbs.

7. jaredchasteen

Last chance for anyone to jump on.

8. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

this looks like we'll be fishing Weds and Thurs this week right now. If anyone wants to go and lives near I 10, I could pick ya up on my way from Austin. This is gonna be a good trip, I go every year.

Fred

9. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

How did this trip turn out?

10. jaredchasteen

well.......................i am writing this instead of fishing so if that says anything.

We tried to push it back to any open day this week or weekend and the weather gods have pissed on us once again....I wont be going to venice this winter unless something comes up in the next two weeks. My 2nd son will be born on March 4, and my wife has put a temporary kabosh on fishing once feb 1st arrives.

That being said if the weather is good ANYWHERE and there is an open spot for crew i am the man to ask. The weather gods are not being kind right now.

I am hoping there will atleast be a window in the next to weeks to make a boomvang or gunnison run. have money ready to spend on fuel.

Thanks for asking mrbill, sorry for the rant.

11. Bret

Bret Senior Member

The weather is killing us.. maybe we will get a window in the next couple of weeks.. or you will find a ride to the floaters.. Better to reschedule than to drive 11 hrs to drink beer and eat crawfish..

12. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Congratulations on the new son!!! He will be fishing soon!!

Sorry to hear about the trip. I hope you get your chance in the next couple weeks.

Scott