Venice for Christmas New Years

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by Deep_Sea_Gull, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

Any interest in fishing Venice for top water tuna and wahoo during the holidays as weather may permit?

CaptAhab10 likes this.
  2. cubanfishermar

cubanfishermar Senior Member

Im detail please

3. Deep_Sea_Gull

Okay folks... looking to fish Dec 26 or 27 depending on the weather. Capt Eddie Burger aboard his new 39 ft Contender. Staying in a house boat in Venice Marina starting on the 25th. I have 3 and will book with 4 could fish up to 6... Charter is 2400 plus tips. Lodging is 200 a night plus cleaning, service fee and taxes.

4. scubaarchery

scubaarchery Senior Member

I am heading there Dec 12-13. Also fishing with Captain Eddie. Planning to bring Halco 130’s Tuna Hunter junior poppers and some knife jigs. Any other recommendations? I have only fished Venice once before and it was all bait action...

5. redgarvey

redgarvey Member

Seven Seas Hookers

;)

6. scubaarchery

Thanks I probably have some of those!

7. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

If not, H4L jigs has the same jig for substantially less.
    some other good ones as well

8. Deep_Sea_Gull

Top water tuna in water that is dirty on top. Smaller baits that mimic pogies trapped in schools. Wahoo and jacks on troll around rigs. Very little jigging action due to better odds on the first two. If Eddie suggests you use one of his lures, listen.

lite-liner likes this.
  9. Deep_Sea_Gull

We want a report on the great trip you will have scubaarchery...

lite-liner likes this.
  10. scubaarchery

Will definitely try to send reports videos etc. will post on Instagram and YouTube when I get back! Here are my handles so follow or subscribe if you don’t mind!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi602ZTsxnkaVwT0wq3OgCA

thumpemup

Looking forward to fishing in the salt! Have been doing the best I can in Texoma!

11. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

Eric are you going with Neil and are you guys driving or taking a plane ? Damn, I wish I were still in Texas and go with you guys, Eddie will put you guys on some big wahoo

12. scubaarchery

Neil, Charles and I are heading there with one of my YouTube subscribers George and his son! Hopefully we do as good as our last trip together (they are with the fish in my Avatar)!

spoke to Eddie, he will rig me up with a Halco 190 with wire to cast with my Titan if we hook up a wahoo, and I will keep a tuna hunter junior on my Carpenter and a Williamson Benthos jig rigged on my Synit for popping and jigging. Will try the Ocea Jigger 4000 Valley Hill combo for chunk or bait! Will do a tackle box video and some videos during the trip!

We are driving there from Dallas. Looking forward to being at the dock 5:45 on Saturday!

13. Deep_Sea_Gull

Trip is booked. Staying on a houseboat at Venice Marina. Still got a slot available. Arriving 25 Dec. Hoping to fish the 26th. If not looking for the 27th. If the winds blow us out offshore we may try for an inshore or two. Going to travel no matter and enjoy fish camp with a few shrimps on the side to travel home. Joins us..

jshorty likes this.
  14. Drundel

Drundel Active Member

This trip is on a bucket list with my brother and I for wahoo/YFT. Tricep surgery pushed it back a year or two, so maybe 2022 I'll make it there.

15. Deep_Sea_Gull

Do the physical therapy and then build some strength back in the one arm and up in the other and plan a trip for 2021. I have the pleasure of fishing with my young adult boys. Go and make the memories...

16. Deep_Sea_Gull

weather 7 days out says we might be fishing two days... Still have room for 1 lucky fisherman.

17. Deep_Sea_Gull

Captain and weather report along with the planets aligning has us expecting to fish two days.

18. Ammar

Ammar Active Member

Hi
    Do you still have a spot available ? how many hours is the fishing trip
    How many people
    How much per person
    What is the exact days.
    Live in houston.

19. Dobhar-Chu

Dobhar-Chu Active Member

20. Deep_Sea_Gull

Ammar,
    We are heading to Venice tomorrow. We are 4 fishermen and a lady angler so we have room for one. We will be staying Dec 25 and 26th in a one bedroom houseboat that is located in the marina we are fishing from.Meal plan is already in motion. We will be fishing Dec 26 and 27th. Returning to the marina at night so limits are daily. Captain Eddie has a Contender 39 ST. Nice boat with lots or room and goes fast. We will probably see the sun rise and set from the boat both days. Look at you private messages for the amount.

Stevo likes this.